HTT ProStreet 71 Vs. S465

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Well, Ive come to a crossroads. What Im wanting to do it bump down a class from 2.8 to 2.6. I cant compete what so ever in that class with such good running trucks. So im in need of a turbo change.

But what I need to know is if Im down grading or up grading by switching from my HTT S300 based 2.8 chager to a S465.

The big consideration with this is that I still DD my truck, so I dont want to sacrifice too much driveability. I dont want to swap over turbos and have a big laggy pig that doesnt build boost til 3k or anything like that. And am I going to see any boost or EGT's differences?

Any help making a decission is good and if its too much turbo for my truck, I might just try and track down a new cover for my current turbo.

Well, now I got an evern bigger reason to get the s465. ITPA is going to run a 2.6 class next year and I would love to be able to run the circut!

Josh's truck is an auto isnt it? i think I could spool it a bit sooner with my 5sp.

Yes, its an auto, but when i say it spools at 2400rpm, i mean in 3rd gear, locked up(1:1), so it should be about the same as what a 5 speed spools it at.

Ok, thats no big deal going down the track, I havent had a problem keeping it above 2500 all year. But i would assume Im going to have just a slight spool up loss on the street, but thats not too bad.

I wanted to go check out Josh's set up in his truck, I heard his hand controls were realy something cool!

My S-468/74 .8 T-3 spools at about 1800 rpm with correct pump tuneup and a good cam. By spooling I mean over 10lbs. Once it hits 10 it rockets to 50 and quickly pulls up to 68-70lbs on the street as it cleans up the rest of the fuel.

Ok, thats no big deal going down the track, I havent had a problem keeping it above 2500 all year. But i would assume Im going to have just a slight spool up loss on the street, but thats not too bad.

I wanted to go check out Josh's set up in his truck, I heard his hand controls were realy something cool!

Its kind of a redneck setup, but it works good! LOL

My S-468/74 .8 T-3 spools at about 1800 rpm with correct pump tuneup and a good cam. By spooling I mean over 10lbs. Once it hits 10 it rockets to 50 and quickly pulls up to 68-70lbs on the street as it cleans up the rest of the fuel.

I bet your turbo came from KTAcummins huh? lol

My S465/74 .8 T3 can have 10psi built in the manifold by 2000rpms if you accelerate right/ have AFC set up correctly. Mine really hits at about 2300rpm, I am really hoping that I can get a cam soon that will make it spool 200+ rpm's sooner. It is either that or sell it to put on twins...

I bet your turbo came from KTAcummins huh? lol

My S465/74 .8 T3 can have 10psi built in the manifold by 2000rpms if you accelerate right/ have AFC set up correctly. Mine really hits at about 2300rpm, I am really hoping that I can get a cam soon that will make it spool 200+ rpm's sooner. It is either that or sell it to put on twins...

I know a guy w/ a 40/3B setup! :p

Back