Hurst shift linkage not clearing lines?

Got Smoke?

I've completed my 47RE FMVB swap on my 97 12 Valve, and am in the middle of pulling the trans back out due to an internal issue. Something I've run into while doing this swap is the horrible fitment of the shift linkage for the Hurst Quarterstick shifter that came with in my trade. Originally the bracket for the shift cable had 2 longer bolts for the pan and stacks of washers to space it down to clear the transmission lines. I'm not sure if it the fitment is just worse in my truck or what, but I've had to double the amount of spacers used to drop the bracket down and the metal tube for the shift cable still rubs the underside of the front/black transmission line.

Can someone please suggest something better for my setup?

Last edited:
Here is a picture I took and sent my buddy I traded with. We both removed out transmissions separately so I didn't realize the wishers were for spacing the bracket down when I took the picture.
7e748073386777c2980bc14c5c645466.jpg

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur

I made a bracket that bolted to the ear with the hole in it. The one right above your shifter cable in the first picture

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I made a bracket that bolted to the ear with the hole in it. The one right above your shifter cable in the first picture

Could you post a picture please?

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur

Just 2 peices of flat stock with a slot I milled in them,so I could adjust it to wherever I need, don't mind the bracket hanging on my shifter cable, no clue why I left that on there lol
e066b6c93efa7c4a78b9cf7bf0d7d475.jpg
0c74a819d989087efca4b959bf3e8fe0.jpg
c0837c4b3eb25f72120412fd5328091d.jpg

Back