hx35 down pipe on first gen?

9t5twelvevalve

anyone know where i can find one of these? or could i just use the stock one?

also wondering if i would need to build my tranny at all if i add an hx35 and lucas pod 100hp injectors to a stock motor

tranny is a freshly rebuilt standard 5 spd

thanks

Last edited:
Can you clarify what you mean?
Are you talking about the elbow that clamps to the HX35, then the pipe that bolts to it, or are you wanting to use the stock 1st gen down pipe on the HX35?

Mark.

like the full downpipe from the outlet of the turbo. i was wondering if i could just pull the h1c out and put the hx35 in and still use my stock exhaust

....i was wondering if i could just pull the h1c out and put the hx35 in and still use my stock exhaust
Absolutely yes you can.
If it has the 2nd gen cast elbow still attached, just remove it and hook your stock down pipe in it's place.
You'll also have to plumb a vacuum line to the intake for the wastegate on the HX35.

Mark.

You would not have to get a different housing to hook it up.

Look around on this site a bit, there are several turbos that will work as a single and push more air for a reasonable cost.

Even a simple compressor side wheel upgrade on the HX35 isn't a huge expense.

Mark.

You can even get a 2nd gen 4" downpipe to fit with an hx35 if it has the turn down cast elbow on the outlet. I got my hy35 with that cast elbow to fit with a 4" 2nd gen downpipe, it was a bit tight though.

Back