Hx35/s400

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Im considering using my HX35 in a twins setup because my truck is going to be seeing a trailer much much more than it has been in the past 5 years so my 64mm needs to pushed to the side.

With that being said I was just quoted 2850+ shipping for a complete piping kit and s400. How does that price sit with everyone? The S400 measures 74.6/96-1.32 A/R will that size give me good street manners?

Also I know the 35 is the best, but Im trying to do this a cheaply as I can so using this turbo is the best way for me at the moment.

The s400 can be had for $600ish, piping can be built for the same if you can weld.

The s400 can be had for $600ish, piping can be built for the same if you can weld.

Can't weld... :badidea: LOL

Basically Im just looking for a kit to add with my 35 and install it.

Also was quoted 2100+ shipping for the same kit above minus the S400.

You can buy the turbo and pay someone to fab up the piping on your truck with your HX35 for $1500. And yes it will be a nice combo for towing.

Well that is a problem then. LOL

That isnt bad, just seems a bit much to me seeing as I build all my crap. LOL

Well that is a problem then. LOL

That isnt bad, just seems a bit much to me seeing as I build all my crap. LOL

The piping seemed high to me by about $500 or so, but the quality will be there.

I think I'm gonna give E.D. a call and see what they say. If I wanted to stay cheap I could get the piping kit from Dieselauotopower for 1250, but Im not so sure that quality is in that kit..

The piping seemed high to me by about $500 or so, but the quality will be there.

I think I'm gonna give E.D. a call and see what they say. If I wanted to stay cheap I could get the piping kit from Dieselauotopower for 1250, but Im not so sure that quality is in that kit..

a friend of mine went with this kit from jacob. not a bad set up for the price

cheap and twins seam to really dislike each other :lolly:

Isn't diesel auto power ken from Arizona? Personally I would try to find a 3rd gen turbo for the high pressure side. Small ex housing and big wast gate port. That's what I'm building my setup with anyways

Sent from my iPhone during class

I think dap's kit is built by carl (turbolvr).

Isn't diesel auto power ken from Arizona? Personally I would try to find a 3rd gen turbo for the high pressure side. Small ex housing and big wast gate port. That's what I'm building my setup with anyways

Sent from my iPhone during class
I think your thinking of turbo auto diesel

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you have the money I would look for a nice small S300 for the twins. I ran a HX35 for a short time and didn't like it very much. Yes it started to spool quick but it didn't take long for the motor to feel like it was breathing through a straw. An external gate may help it but I think it is just a giant bottle neck.

If you have the money I would look for a nice small S300 for the twins. I ran a HX35 for a short time and didn't like it very much. Yes it started to spool quick but it didn't take long for the motor to feel like it was breathing through a straw. An external gate may help it but I think it is just a giant bottle neck.

From what I've been reading is that most are using a 57mm S300(Super B) and a s475. Im gonna keep reading. Im not looking to buy a set right now. I'm trying to gather a price list right now so when the time comes to pull the trigger I'll know exactly what I want.

Back