Hx35

89cumminstd

I picked up an adjustable wastegate elbow awhile back I've got it set to Max out at 30 psi. Is that good or should I do more or less? I've heard from a few people that they don't do much good over 20 psi

whats not good over 20, the hx or the elbow? i've not had my wastegate hooked up in years. I set my fuel so it boosts around 38-40, and never had a problem.

You'll make more power at 38-40 psi than 30 psi with a stock HX35.

30 psi is a good long term 250k mile reliable setup. 35psi is a good 150k mile setup.

40+ psi could need new bearings every 25-50k miles, depends on how much you bark it or let it surge during gear shifts.

50+ psi lasts a day or two at most and makes so much more drive pressure, you might only see 5-10 HP gain vs. 40 psi boost pressure.

We were all slacking, sorry. Big Blue is about on the mark, I had mine for 42psi for a few years before I took it off.

I'm still fairly new to tuning these things so bare with me guys, I'm trying to clear up whats true and not about these. I was told anything over 20 psi on these and it would be "shuttering" hot air into the engine? I'm not sure what they meant by that. What do you mean by setting your fuel to boost around 38-40? Did you do this through the afc? And so the less I let it surge the easier it will be on the turbo?

Back