hx40 boost numbers????

stroker450

i just took out my injectors yesterday i had 150 jammers in. my max boost number now is just 20 psi. where as before it was about forty. i know im not fueling nearly as much as i was. but do these number sound right ??? my truck seems so slow and sluggish now. but it pulls my trailer perfect without high exhaust gas. any suggestions would be great.

Were you seeing 40psi before with the adrenaline. I have jammer 150's and a comp. If the comp is off I only see about 30psi. With comp on I see about 45ish with wastegate plugged. Its all about the fuel there. Why did you take them out?

I was making 40psi in full fuel on my 12v, and it would make 30psi at higher RPM in valet mode with the fuel cut down a decent bit. At lower RPM, 20psi was about it in valet mode.

Eric

I was making 40psi in full fuel on my 12v, and it would make 30psi at higher RPM in valet mode with the fuel cut down a decent bit. At lower RPM, 20psi was about it in valet mode.

Eric

i made about 26 psi with stock injectors and juice w/ att. when i put the 150's in it made 40-42

i just took out my injectors yesterday i had 150 jammers in. my max boost number now is just 20 psi. where as before it was about forty. i know im not fueling nearly as much as i was. but do these number sound right ??? my truck seems so slow and sluggish now. but it pulls my trailer perfect without high exhaust gas. any suggestions would be great.

Looks right to me. It depends on which HX40 you have but it really is overkill for stock injectors.

i started to tow alot and just bought a new boat. towing my enclosed egts were always around 1200 to just keep up with traffic that's why i did it. it stays cool but seems so slow. i have the 60 mm 6 blade with 16 cm ex housing. also are the injectors out of an automatic the same size as a five speed?? thanks for all the help so far.

Going from one stock injector to another is not going to give you enough fuel to utilize that turbo. How come you took the 150 jammers out? 1200 degrees in the manifold is nothing to be concerned about, over 1300 continuous is where longevity is compromised.

Going from one stock injector to another is not going to give you enough fuel to utilize that turbo. How come you took the 150 jammers out? 1200 degrees in the manifold is nothing to be concerned about, over 1300 continuous is where longevity is compromised.

vp44 trucks break 1300 stock.

id start to worry when your over 1600 continuously.

I was just tryin to be safe...Did you ever see inside an engine that ran a continuous 1600 degrees?

my truck hits 1600+ everytime i take it out, havent had to take it apart yet, been doing this for 20,000 miles now. LOL

If you want carnage...hold your egts at 1600 continuous and wait for a meltdown...shouldn't take more than 5 minutes! LOL

with my old tranny slippin 50lbs of boost on my hx40.after a new tranny. 57 then boom headgasket.just a dragcomp/fass/hrvp/150jammers. i really beat this 40 up.and would never think of selling it.it is going to be replaced soon.and i plan to learn on it when i rebuild it.

towing at 1300 constant would start over heating my engine really soon, same deal as my buddies with same mods. i dk if its our altitude or what but i'm talking about going 50 mph on high way staying at about 1/8th throttle that's why i took them out. and that's with adrenaline off all the way. my egt's never get near that now towing my trailer fully loaded.

My 04 would hold normal coolant temps towing a load on a grade 1350* egts & the fuel pedal on the wood. It dynoed in the upper 500s but had an HX52 charger that made 65lb. of boost. The 3rd gen trucks do have a larger rad and I realize that elevation makes a difference, but the turbo needs to be sized for the amount of fuel being injected. A set of twins with the stock 35 as the small charger would have lowered egts considerably and given better towing performance in higher elevation.

if would pay for twins and i would have done it any of the week buddy. but i do understand that the turbo size probably need's to be closer to what i'm fueling at right now.

CR pistons metallurgy is better than the 24V alloy... had EGT on my '05 over 1500* for 10-15 minutes a number of times without a problem - but I'd never do that to a VP truck.

I wouldn't keep a 24V over 1400*F for very long.

Back