Hydraulic hose crimper

kleann

VP44 pwr
Kicking around the idea of getting a tool to make my own hydraulic lines, since I'm about to need a few of them. Can anyone recommend a cost effective crimper and place to buy the ends and hose? Thanks

Last edited:
We have a Parker at our shop. Works well, simple, never had a problem. About $1500. They're so simple though a used one would be cool if you could find one especially with dies. Not much to go wrong on one. House of Hose is where we get fittings and hose. great prices and products.

Last edited:
Lewis & geotz is where we get all our hose and ends at work. I believe that if you buy their supplies they give you the crimper to use

I use this.
D32F4773-A3D2-4025-B63B-35958BA798E7_zpsvb50dt9y.png

I get all my fittings from the local industrial hydraulic supply.

I'd love to have one of those Parker machines. ^^^^^^. Local NAPA store has one. It cost about $60 per hose depending on the ends to have them made.....but they never leak...ever. It is expensive to use the Parker fittings and Parker hose but quality proves to be worth it to me on some things....especially things that have 2500+ PSI in them. :D

Terminal supply sells refurbished crimping machines. Most places give you a machine if you buy a certain amount of fittings.

We found it more economical to buy the hoses made. The amount of fittings you have to order is too substantial. We cannot predict what ends we will need. The crimping machine cost far outweighed the cost to have them made.

Thanks for the replies, guys. After researching and checking around, looks like it's going to be more of an investment than I thought.

Found this video that was interesting, but even the cost of used dies are so high, making the overall investment not worth it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI72upW9heU

Last edited:
I'd love to have one of those Parker machines. ^^^^^^. Local NAPA store has one. It cost about $60 per hose depending on the ends to have them made.....but they never leak...ever. It is expensive to use the Parker fittings and Parker hose but quality proves to be worth it to me on some things....especially things that have 2500+ PSI in them. :D

This is why im making all my oil, fuel, water lines using crimped Parker jic fuel line. And I have that same Parker machine at the shop.

What about using reusable or feild fittings some people call them. We use them at work and they seem to work ok.

Back