I found this little guy causing all of my problems....

cetaneaddict

Causing my own headaches
I bought a new to me 2000 f-350 srw for my winter beater/winter tow rig. So after the first week of owning it I noticed some shifting issues. Fluid looked a little dark and old. My guess is original fluid or close to original fluid with 208k. So I did a complete flush last week. Dropped the pan, drain the converter, flushed out the lines. Still acted funny. 3-OD shift took a long time and was drawn out. It would also flare as it shifted sometimes. Did some research on shift kits for a few days. Did some shopping and ended up with a sonnax tri-accumulator springs and a .500 modulator valve I believe its called. Started putting the parts in the front valve body last night and ran into that little guy all broken and wedged up. Made a phone call to my trans guy at 7:30pm. He returned my called 10 minutes later. Dug one out of his shop. Left it in the drop box and I got it all together. I am completely happy with the shift kit and line pressure valve mod. Firmed up the shift so I can feel each shift with a little bump. New accumulator spring fixed that long drawn out shift 3rd to OD. Now it's quick shifting, no hesitation and firm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Spring removed out of the holder. My trans guy said its a pretty common thing. During my searching for shift kits I didn't not see a thread about it. Maybe I didn't word it correctly through google. I figured I'd post this incase someone had the same problem I did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
Back