I need a new pump.

90dodge

Always Broke
Well i've pretty much narrowed my problems down to the infamous 94-95 sticking plunger problems in my truck. And I was starting to get excited about getting the 70mm and big injectors put on it. :bs:

What are my options on getting one built or mine rebuilt? This is the last thing I expected to happen, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I had the same dilemma, I bought a used 215 pump off of a member and had it shipped directly to Kevin at northeast . He maxed it out for me and I'm very happy with it.
I called around and got the same ballpark of just over 1000 (maybe more it was a while ago, hard to remember )to have my old one (180) gone through, rebuilt and maxed. I spent close to that total on the 215 all said and done then recouped some cash,selling my old pump as a core .

Hopefully I can get away with buying a used one also. Even if it is a 160.

I had the same problem here. I ended up just buying a used 180 from a friend. You can normally find the 180/215's used for the price of getting the 160 rebuilt.

Do a little research and you'll hear all about it.

Chevy man, I actually found the thread where you were having problems.
I was hoping it was just a collapsed fuel line or air leak somewhere, but that has pretty much been ruled out.

I guess my few months of driving the pee out of it with low fuel pressure, and the 290k has caught up to me.

Ya, I had never heard of the problem with the b&p in the 160's either, until mine went out and I started doing some research and its a lot more common then I thought. It definitely isn't fun having a 800-1000 dollar part randomly go bad.

Not at all. It happens I guess though. I've done used up all my cuss words for this one. Lol

Ya, I had never heard of the problem with the b&p in the 160's either, until mine went out and I started doing some research and its a lot more common then I thought. It definitely isn't fun having a 800-1000 dollar part randomly go bad.

I say it's not a 160 pump problem, it's all the bad juju from scorned vp44 owners who got waxed by a 12v or left stranded in the middle of nowhere :hehe:

Edit: To the OP, make sure if you buy a used pump from someone you don't know, verify it recently came off a running engine (like in the last 2-3 months) or you could be stuck with a rebuild on the new pump as well...just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Seth, I tried calling you earlier today. A lot of the threads I found brought your name up.

In your guys opinion, should I really be worried about finding a 180/215 pump if my major goal is ~750 fuel and 1000 on drugs?

In your guys opinion, should I really be worried about finding a 180/215 pump if my major goal is ~750 fuel and 1000 on drugs?

You could have fuel for ~800 with good tuning and a 160/175 pump, but it's going to be using everything it has and you'll have to make your peak power number well below 4000 rpm. So in my opinion, you don't have to have a 180/215 pump, but it will run harder on the top end and give you room to grow in the future if you want.

Well I got a 180 pump bought for cheap, i'm going to try and fix my low fp poblem before I put it on. Instead of starting a new thread i'll just ask it here.

I'm going to use a cheap pro comp black, but am trying decide where to mount it and if I should put bigger line in. Should I just go ahead and run 1/2'' line all the way from tank to injector pump? Another question, how the hell do I hook a relay up for the pump? I hate electronics.

If your shooting for 800hp I think a good lift pump is in order first! Airdog,Fass and fuel Lab have complete kits for your truck.

That's what my question is about. Lol I'm going to save a couple hundred by using a pro comp electric pump instead of name brand. I'd rather put together my own setup and save a little cash.

You can buy pre made harnesses ... All it's there for is key on power as a trigger

Back