i wanna buy 24v performance electronics

dieselbeef

dick doggin
feel like i wanna play with my flatbed since i got 2 more trucks...shiz and giggles

tst..quadzilla...edge drag comp...blue chip redline..any of this old school crap..for fun

I ran edge and quad back in day and felt the drag Comp was best. That's my limited experience.

When it was an auto I stacked a drag comp with a smarty once, that was neat as hell. If I remember right if you turned the draw comp on you had to use every other tune ( odd numbers) because they didn't add timing? It's been a while

p-pump it.

Had to...

I think Smarty electronics are the way to go on those things, unless you are in a nostalgic mood.

yea..smarty makes it feel better..but in my truck made no diff in et...i had a drag comp and smarty stack

blue chip redline or a tst max would be cool..

i was graciuosly gifted a smarty by some outstanding members on here( jeff and bob )...i traded it for a drag comp...shouldve kept it but at the time was a killer deal for me..i regret that...shouldve kept it for sentimental reasons

I've heard great things about the latest quadzilla adrenaline, the custom tuning is supposed to be pretty good on them.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Edge is always my recommendation on these when people ask, it's durable and the tuning works. I run a smarty/tst comp, it runs good but it's difficult to drive over setting 5 or 6 on the comp. Prob makes the same power as an edge comp for 2x the cost. The new quad stuff is supposed to be good but I got burned on the og stuff and can't bring myself to give money to that name. I'd avoid buying smarty again, it's spendy and doesn't make any power on these.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I had an edge on my old 01 VP truck. Very reliable unit compared to a banks my dad ran on his 04 truck.

The main thing I recall is you have to tap the injection pump wire. And flood that VP with fuel.

Sounds like some fun old times.

Edit. I did run an old quad box that the VP harness plugged into, then you plugged in the quad box to the VP. It was roughly 30hp worth by seat of the pants. Definitely woke the engine up.
Forest gave it to me when I bought an old GT4294 off him many moons ago. Sure miss that guy.

Last edited:
I don't know if you've checked the prices of all the wire tapping boxes out there but they have all gone up substantially and Edge is very high now. I feel that you if aren't going to buy used then I don't think you can beat the combination of price, tunability, and fueling Quad Adr V2. I haven't seen any reliability issues after DAP bought them and released the v2 tuning around 2017. If you buying used them get what you can put your hands on. Blue chip fms is supposedly a very smooth box.

Last edited:
I wish the Quadzilla had a regular screen instead of the Bluetooth crap, other than that I’ve seen all positive about it. The dude that does the tuning supports Weston’s injectors as well

I had the same feelings about it. I wished that they had something like their early custom tuning controller but after doing it I'm glad there isn't a screen to have to mount so it gives my dash a cleaner look. Plus I already have gauges so I just messed with he tuning for a while and just leave it on the level I want and never connect it to bluetooth unless I want to change something or do some kind of monitoring of stuff I don't have gauges for. The custom tuning is very straight forward as well. Just takes time so unless you don't have the time or desire to do trial and error I don't see a need to buy tunes.

i was thinking more along the lines of...''hey..ive got an old used tst or redline or quadzilla on the shelf...whattya gimme for it?'' ..kinda deals...lol...but good to know there is still stuff out there advancing a little bit

i was thinking more along the lines of...''hey..ive got an old used tst or redline or quadzilla on the shelf...whattya gimme for it?'' ..kinda deals...lol...but good to know there is still stuff out there advancing a little bit
There's a used adrenaline for sale locally to me for $400. Never asked for details, don't know which version it is.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back