Idaho rob autocal

slownoma

Ok, I bought a truck a few months back with efilive and I'd like some more tunes. I know it was purchased from Idaho rob however it doesn't have the dps5 switch just the 3 tunes. What's the best direction to go? They say that if I don't know the name of the first owned I will not be able to add tunes without clearing it all out and starting over. Costing near 600$?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy

Have you bothered to call ATP yet? If not, then thats the first thing you should be doing. Ask them, not us.

Whoever you bought the autocal from needs to tell the tuner they bought it from that it needs to be unlocked and you indeed did not steal it. It is locked to the tuners computer and needs to be unlocked before another tuner can put new tunes on it.

Get a hold of they guys over ATP. If they autocal is from them, it won't need unlocked. You'll just need a switch and CSP5 (assuming it's a Cummins since this is the Cummins EFILive section) tuning.

If you want to run someone else's tunes, you'll need to send ATP the autocal for them to unlink it.

Giving Rob a call should be first thing on your list. Maybe he can give you a deal on tuning since the truck was originally tuned by him.

Its not going to cost $600 for atp to update your tuning to csp5. The switch itself is $75 and not sure what they will charge for updating to csp5 but shouldnt be anymore then $100 most likely.

Sorry, I called them already prior to this post. They told me that if I didn't know the name of the person that owned this unit prior it would need to be cleared and started over?

If you know for a fact that its an ATP autocal you can buy a new vin license and tunes from them. Away you go.

It should have an ATP sticker on it. If so we can send tuning via email for the truck. If it's not ours, it'll have to go the the tuner that sold it for unlinking and then we can tune it. Worse case you will have you will have a tuning fee and the switch cost. You should not need a license if that truck has been tuned using that autocal.

I called and spoke to Dustin today. Great guy to deal with! I'm told it's going to be 375$ to upgrade and get the switch. Also Dustin was able to find it under my vin...

Back