Ideal operating temperature

Carbon

I have (guessing ) around a 500 rwhp truck I just got my tranny built I have a tripple disc clutch billet input billet flywheel and a suncoast m3ga kit
Sun Coast Diesel Transmissions-Dodge 47RE "M3GA"-2 Transmission Rebuild Kit 1994 - 2002 | Catalog Products | Sun Coast Diesel Transmissions
I also have a bd valve body and a very deep mag hytec pan.

My question is what is the ideal operating temperature. What do you guys think is the ideal operating temerature for a 47re. I think mine is too cold but wonder what you guys think

and my temp sensor is at the bottom of the mag hytec pan

thanks for the help

120 in stop and go, but as soon as it gets on the highway 100-104, before the rebuild I had the mag hytec deep pan a bd valve body and a bd billet single tc, and was seeing around 130-140 on and off the highway

I don't believe you can have the trans too cold, as long it's not freezing. LOL

I think you are in great shape where you are. Do you tow with it any? If so what are the temps while towing?

while towing my temps did not increase, but I haven't towed with the new tranny yet. I was worried about things like condensation or the oil being to thick. Or is it just me that is thick LOL??

LOL The cooler the fluid is the healthier the transmission will be an the longer it will last.

Of course it's cold out now too, so summer temps should be a little higher. Even if your 130-140 were in the summer I would not worry one bit.

LOL The cooler the fluid is the healthier the transmission will be an the longer it will last.

Of course it's cold out now too, so summer temps should be a little higher. Even if your 130-140 were in the summer I would not worry one bit.

Thanks^

Last winter I was running same as in the summer 130-140, I just wanted to be sure of no ill effects of running to cold. So you wouldn't mind doing something like a dyno run or sled pulling with a 105 degree tranny?

But too cold of oil will also hurt the tranny also I cardboard my tranny cooler off in the winter to keep it around the 150 to 180 all winter

But too cold of oil will also hurt the tranny also I cardboard my tranny cooler off in the winter to keep it around the 150 to 180 all winter

How does too cold a oil hurt the trans? Ive bin running mine about the same as carbon for 100000 miles an have not had any trouble...

I never see over 100 degrees unless i'm in town pulling a trailer. My philosophy is to run it cold! Hasn't hurt it yet!

Mine rarely goes over 150 no matter what I'm doing or how hot the ambient temp is.

What are you reading the temp with? An actual gauge or off of a quad/edge? My quad reads 15-20* colder than what the trans actually is.

I have an Ispro EV2 gauge with the sensor in the pan. I also have a MagTec high capicity pan and an external filter system that help with cooling some.

I have an Ispro EV2 gauge with the sensor in the pan. I also have a MagTec high capicity pan and an external filter system that help with cooling some.

same setup here sensor wise... I have an ATS and stop and go is around 120 and highway in lockup is barely above 100.

What are you reading the temp with? An actual gauge or off of a quad/edge? My quad reads 15-20* colder than what the trans actually is.

I am using an edge, I guess I should get a regular gauge and put it in a different location just for multiple readings

Back