Ideas on a miss.

dieselhead117

Up and Coming
Alright, I have been off at college and I got back to see my old man for the weekend. Well the truck has been running strange. Sounds like a single miss. Actually, I'm 100% sure it's a miss. Now here's the deal everything is tight (lines wise) pump is good, ect. My idea is this. When I was in my young (and extremely dumb) diesel days, I decided it would be a good idea to put new nozzles on my truck. Ready for the dumb part? I didn't have them pop tested. Now, they ran fine on my vp, but I'm pretty sure the p pump doesn't like them and that is where my miss is coming from. At least that is my idea. Currently, I do not have a set of stockers to throw in there to check, but Ryan at RCP has a set of 6x13s he is working on for me. So I'm just thinking bad injector. No white smoke or large amounts of blow by, or anything extremely threatening, just a vibration that feels like a miss. And i can hear it in the exhaust. I don't really have time to swap tinjectors around to confirm as I'm headed back up soon. I'm just trying to get some piece of mind before I head back up to school.
Ideas?

The only one I have messed with since the swap is number one and they are all torqued to spec.

Pull the valve cover and check them, I've had them get loose and give me a miss.

Allright taco master... #1 hold down was a bit loose so I tightened it up but all the others are tight. Exhaust sounds good and so does the engine. I'm pretty sure she is hitting on all 6. But I still have that vibration under load at 70 mph. Advice on this?

I wouldn't necesaily say it's an engine vibration. It feels more seat of the pants. This caused me to think that it was something in the drivetrain. So i left it with a friend's shop. He told me that it was a miss that was making the vibration and that the drivetrain was fine. But like I said exhaust sounds like it's hitting on 6 it only vibrates like this when it is bogged down low or when in upper part of fifth gear under load.

Back