ideas on triples, boost at low rpm

Yeah I think triples wouldnt really work well with this setup, with what Im trying to do. Its got to have a supercharger in the mix somewhere to build some boost at idle.
Besides the extra air, there would be the bump in effective compression at that RPM.. I tested it at 360psi warm on all cyls with stock head, pistons and gasket. .023 protrusion I think. Most folks say they see 400-ish on these motors. Not sure how much static compression loss there is due to the cam swap.

Last edited:
I'm thinking you need a different converter. me and my dad have been dealing with too low of stalls on our pickups lately. We both have ATS converters and his truck is just a smokey dog off the line and it acts like its just putting the engine in an rpm range where it's a loose loose situation. You can't add hardly any fuel or it just smokes like crazy on takeoff.

We have both decided that a higher stalled converter would bring the engine back into its efficient takeoff rpm. I don't believe you need an expensive supercharger or triple setup to make your truck run right. It's fun to talk about though. Haha

Back