Important info for 6.0 owners under warranty

bigredex

Greetings everyone. I live in Chicago area. I went in for a routine oil change today on my 05 Excursion at Packey Webb Ford. While there I overheard the service manager discussing a bulletin that the regional service manager had sent regarding the use of biodiesel in the 6.0 motor.
With the cold weather thats hit the Midwest some people are experiencing vehicles gelling up and stalling. I personally haven't had a problem, but they described a man who came in Monday under tow. His F350 had lost power and died on the interstate.
Here is the IMPORTANT piece: Ford is not going to warranty any further injectors due to the fact that some stations are allowing B11 bio fuel vs. bio
B5. The 11 represents a higher blend of bio and as such will gel much easier than B5. 11% vs. 5%. Unless you can substantiate from your local fuel station that they are using B5, (I recommend we all start asking and potentially documenting) Ford is taking the easy way out and categorically denying injector warranty issues. I have a copy of the correspondence.
They also had a picture of a fuel filter gelled up due to B11 and it was a :badidea: frozen mess. [/COLOR][/B]

They might deny if you're using bio and they can prove it...but they can't categorically deny warranty coverage.

I'd love to see a copy of the correspondence you speak of though....just for curiositys sake.

Ford's official stance has been no more than B5 for the 6.0. I believe they went to B10 for the 6.4

Back