Improve Coolant Flow at the rear of the block!

on brads truck cummins366 we ran the hose from tha back of the block to the head soo i dont know why he said he was having problems keeping heat in the cab
i know when he went to wisc we ran coolant lines to his fass system and everything got mixed up and one of the lines got into his exh and he had to put ina shut off so maybe when he did the shut off it changed where the coolant went and where it returned i dont know for sure because we havent had it in the shop and tried to fix it yet
but also school buses and bread trucks that run an air compressor run that plate garrett is selling they take the water from #6 and put it in the compressor to cool it and them return it to the head

The idea of running it to the top rad hose, with a pop off valve, is to let excess water pressure bleed off at high rpm-before it blows your freeze plugs out.

I had a manual valve on mine, before I would pull, I'd flip it.

Signature600 said:
Oh...OK. I never looked at the pic above. My bypass comes off the rear of the block, and after running through some accessories, it returns to the bottom radiator hose!

That should negate the ill effects your thinking of...shouldn't it?

Told you I was confused!
Chris

So basically you decided to bypass the radiator with the new circuit you put in. So 366 heater runs cooler and yours is a little hotter? lol

So where are you guys T-ing into the heater return line? At the back by the bulkhead or in the elbow?

Also I'm still wondering how to get the freeze plugs out from the top? Thanks

Any reason it wouldn't it work on a first gen?

I think I know of at least one first gen with it done...

The Cummins issue fits the 1st Gen truck albeit snug, It can't be installed with the head on IMO.

AdjunctInstalled.jpg

Good thing I'm taking my head off soon, then. Thanks.

Couldn't one put a pressure regulator on it and use it to save your freeze plugs at high RPM?

A neat little trick is to screw in a self tapping screw in to the plug and use a claw hammer to pry it out. Works slick.......as long as you have room to do so !!

Later, Brian

Back