Info on new Van Aaken???

CTDpowerTN

on the one everyone is beta testing, anyone know the settings thats goin to be on it? that just come with it... cause iam goin to run it with out the monitor and just the adjustable in-cab knob....thanks

I sat in on a dyno run with one of these C5s and I must say I am very impressed, Donny of Van Aaken walked me through it and I loved it. The system interface will work extremely well. Donny and the Head Tech were at the dyno event this weekend and explained alot to me. I can't wait to get my hands on a few and see what they can do. The head tech sat in the truck as it dynoed and tuned it as he went from run ro run. The software from what I could see, looked alot like EFI live but putting that label on it maybe an overstatement but needless to say it was easy to follow. I'm supposed to call him tomorrow or friday depending on my schedule but either way I'm excited about it.

Without a doubt man. Donny is very happy with the whole situation. You'll be gettin a call from me on a few other things too that I'm gonna help you out on and thanks again for those tunes, they worked great plus I'm making them work with a few other tunes tiny got.

GSM-01 said:
I sat in on a dyno run with one of these C5s and I must say I am very impressed, Donny of Van Aaken walked me through it and I loved it. The system interface will work extremely well. Donny and the Head Tech were at the dyno event this weekend and explained alot to me. I can't wait to get my hands on a few and see what they can do. The head tech sat in the truck as it dynoed and tuned it as he went from run ro run. The software from what I could see, looked alot like EFI live but putting that label on it maybe an overstatement but needless to say it was easy to follow. I'm supposed to call him tomorrow or friday depending on my schedule but either way I'm excited about it.
where you at the Mason Dixon Event?

it says on there site that the one with just the adjustable in-cab knob just goes to 120hp...whats up with that? if thats the case i probally wont get it..i thought it suppose to be big power #'s????

CTDpowerTN said:
it says on there site that the one with just the adjustable in-cab knob just goes to 120hp...whats up with that? if thats the case i probally wont get it..i thought it suppose to be big power #'s????
you are probably looking at the wrong section. The C5 will be a totally different animal. I am running one along with quite a few other guys. Fueling is unreal with it. And it has very good street manners even while driving on the most aggressive setting. I personally have seen one truck receive a custom tune with it and it made a 300 HP increase over stock. The truck had a stage 2 modded cp3 and flux 2 injectors. It baselined at 300 HP and made just a hair over 600HP when they were done tuning.

here's what it says on there site for the one with the adjustable in-cab 5-postion knob...

The module will come standard with a 5 position lighted segment switch. The module will come programmed with 5 predetermined tunes varying from economy to moderately high performance (app 120 h/p)..

and it also says:

SmartBox C5 – Option 2

The 2nd level will be the SmartBox C5 with the vA Commander monitor to function as the switch as well as provide the safety defueling based upon egts, engine temp or trans temp. There is a pillar pod mount for the vA Commander available as an option.

This package should be offered with 5 module settings that vary from economy to high performance (app 160 h/p).

SmartBox C5 – Option

The 3rd level option will be the Smartbox C5, SmartMap software, tuning lead & programming power source. The SmartBox C5 will come with 5 pre-programmed settings that range from economy to high performance (app 175 h/p). The module will come standard with a 5 position lighted segment switch. The user will then have the capability to alter any of the tuning files, using a laptop computer, & save as desired. There will be a comprehensive user guide provided with the tuning software. This will allow the user to tune his module for optimum performance with any other modifications they may have.

Any C5 module purchased as option 1, or 2 can be upgraded to allow custom programming for a fee.

The vA Commander can be added at any time, to allow for monitoring and safety defuel.

The tuning software will be available for download from our website, but will not be functional until mated with the appropriate C5 module.

The baseline product is going to be set conservative for everyday Joe's. If they gave the most agressive tune to everyone, a lot of people would be breaking parts and damaging motors from the ignorance of not having gauges and not having their trucks built propely to handle the power. Most likely to get full user adjustability you will need to sign a waiver also stating that you know what you have and that you will not hold them respsonsible.

lmills, yes you saw me there, I was the younger kid talking with Donny and them about it and was the guy that sat in on the one. I had the Antrim shirt on the one day.

And a very ncie truck as that. You and Lloyd both had nice trucks. Lloyd were you running the C5 there or your own stuff? I know one thing, it is one beast of a system. I know you were shooting for a bit higher number but hey, your not far off, Green04HO, from your goal. BTW, its just a shirt, I don't work for them.

GSM-01 said:
I know you were shooting for a bit higher number but hey, your not far off, Green04HO, from your goal.

No, I far surpassed my first goal of 500/1000 :thankyou2: to Lloyd and a set of injectors. It's the new goal that I fell just slightly short of. Right now I'm saying I will be content with 600/1200, but I'm sure that will change as well. I'm seeing a stage 2 pump and a set of twins in my future. Hint to Lloyd :D

Green04HO said:
Right now I'm saying I will be content with 600/1200, but I'm sure that will change as well.

Doesn't it always change once you get it, or at least, that's always the way it is with me... :hehe:

GSM-01 said:
lmills, yes you saw me there, I was the younger kid talking with Donny and them about it and was the guy that sat in on the one. I had the Antrim shirt on the one day.
Absolutely! I do remember you! :D I have one of those same shirts. ;)

Back