Injector hold down stuck

bannon_500

So I was trying to remove my injectors and I couldn't get the hold downs to budge. Even after soaking in penetrating oil for days. So I decided to give one just a little heat with the gas axe. And it did in fact pop loose. But the whole injector spun right out with it. Please tell me I didn't mess up the head! And what do I need to do on the other 5?
0ae2340be552cdcc4e085b4d0ea5f1d4.jpg
fb143017700f4d407f82b8c99db7bf2c.jpg
6743ebc248d1cc219a009215b49d41b5.jpg
a8b42c619edd5483ec835964dd68ad55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you're done with the injectors, I'd say hook it up to a vise, heat the hold down, and swing a heavy one at the injector! That is a bummer though.

Check the injector bores for cracks. After cleaning and checking put a good different injector in and see if there's any concerns.

To remove the hold down nuts from the bodies, put the hold downs in a vice and thread a lug nut down onto the injector to protect the threads and beat them out with a hammer. If you end up having to cut the hold-downs, let me know, I've got a whole bucket of them. I'd give you a set for free plus $6 to cover the USPS shipping.

If you want to give the penetrating oil another shot, get them warm with a torch to about 300*F, then spray them with PB Blaster. It will penetrate with the help of heat. I've never had good luck with that brand of penetrating oil pictured in your posts above.

Holy rust bucket Batman. Never seen a head look like that.

The head is most likely fine, but I would find a way to clean everything up good and check for cracks as suggested.

Chris

You can try soaking them and hammering them lightly with an air hammer on the side of the hold down. The vibration will help wick the penitent oil.

Back