injector/injection line size?

poolmike

Cabana Boy
Looking for some advice here. I'm swapping a '02 24V into my '47 Dodge dually. Doing the pump swap mainly to eliminate some wiring and make it reliable. The engine internals will be stock, and I don't want to fog the neighborhood with some high HP monster. I just want a nice reliable engine that will be a little on the snotty side if I push the fuel up every so often.

So, my questions are- what injectors?, what size conversion lines?

Sorry if this has been covered here, but all I find in my searches are the heavy smoker builds, which I enjoy reading about.

Thanks!
Mike

If you wanna stay perfectly clean, I would think a set of .078" lines and a set of 7x.010 VCO injectors would be pretty good.

Stock VP injectors wouldn't work fine? Get them cleaned and re-poped.

I guess that could be an option. I keep reading different build ups and people saying that they don't work too well. I'm not afraid to lay some money out for fresh new stuff that is tried and true. Looking for input from anyone that might be in the same situation.

Don't even need to re-pop them honestly, but a cleaning would be a benefit and if you choose to send them out might as well do both.

I'm running injectors popped for a VP. Only reason I recommended a larger injector was because he stated he wanted for be able to let it rip. Even a cheap set of RV275 injector would be good with some mild DV's and good AFC tuning.

I'm running injectors popped for a VP. Only reason I recommended a larger injector was because he stated he wanted for be able to let it rip. Even a cheap set of RV275 injector would be good with some mild DV's and good AFC tuning.

Alright! Now we're talkin'. Doesn't have to be cheap, it must be reliable.

The folks at Industrial were leaning toward 6x.016 or .018 Putting the money out for this isn't an issue....doing it 2 or 3 times is a problem. Trying hard to avoid that.

Those will more than likely haze, especially in the cold.

What exactly are your main goals for the truck? A 6x.16 or .018 are fairly large.

Those will more than likely haze, especially in the cold.

What exactly are your main goals for the truck? A 6x.16 or .018 are fairly large.

It will most likely get a flatbed, or a dump bed. It will be used as a daily driver, doing small jobs, hauling firewood, and a whole mess of cruise nights.

So you think a smaller injector, and play with the pump until I'm happy with it? Probably the best bet. Not looking to haul 2 cords of firewood at 80MPH. This is the feedback I am after. Thanks!

^^^ Agreed. I wouldn't run anything much bigger than 120hp injector for a daily driver. Can it be done? Yes. Can it be a pain? Absolutely!!
Btw 6×16 will haze a lot. I wouldn't recommend them for a dd.

Even a 6x.013 is massive.
I think you will be very happy with a 7x.010 or a 8x.010.
Plenty of fuel for 500~up or more, with minimal haze and egt.
Hit up smokem, or shortbusdriver for a set.

Last edited:
Even a 6x.013 is massive.
I think you will be very happy with a 7x.010 or a 8x.010.
Plenty of fuel for 500~up or more, with minimal haze and egt.
Hit up smokem, or shortbusdriver for a set.

I agree, 6x.013's are a lot of injector. But, they drive great and only have in temps below 40°. I second smokem.

Do the pump swap and see how it runs. You can go quite a ways on stock injectors. Its not going to cost you anything to try on the stockers, and you might be satisfied.

Go with the .078" steel lines.

Do the pump swap and see how it runs. You can go quite a ways on stock injectors. Its not going to cost you anything to try on the stockers, and you might be satisfied.

Go with the .078" steel lines.

^^. This. Stock injectors are free. Try them first. What turbo are you planning on using?

Thank you! This is exactly what I need to learn. As far as the turbo goes, I am undecided there. I have a couple of unidentified cores that were pulled from 12 valves, and a HE351VE that was given to me. I thought about the 351 for quite a while, so I can have the exhaust brake option. I will have to put some thought into turbo selection.

Back