Injector issue HELP PLEASE!!

808cummins

07 f250 just recently done mkm customs kit (studs gaskets etc) for about 3 days, truck ran fine. This morning truck sputters and ran rough. Almost no power at all. I got a cylinder 3 low contribution code. Opened up valve cover and noticed the injector bolts on that whole bank was hand tight :doh::doh: so now cyl 3 and 5 injector seals was trashed! I got access to new seals (copper washers) AND injectors. The thing is, what are my chances if I just changed the seals and install my original injector and the truck runs fine? I don't want to install it to find out injector might had been damaged also. I did a buzz test on all four and they are working. But I've been told that's only on the electronic side

Swap the seals and washers and torque to 31 ft lbs. the injectors will be fine. My sloppy coworkers would fail to torque an injector once a week, I always got the rework and the injectors were fine. I'm impressed that it ran though, usually you get a no code no start with in spec icp when the washer blows out

Sent from my flashscan v2

Awesome! I'm glad to hear they will be ok. As soon as truck ran rough, I pulled over and probably tried to get her running I'd say 3 times before I decided to stop and tow her home. It's not like I tried to push it miles before I called it quits. I'm pretty sure this was installation error cause 1,3,5,7 injector bolts was barely tight. I opened up driver side cover and all injector bolts was tight. Big thanks Will and moose!

make sure you clean the injector cup. just like doing a 7.3 injector swap. pieces of copper washer may be stuck to the bottom

Back