Injector nozzle upgrade and rattle/haze

Deputydog

Proud Fummins Owner
Just swapped nozzles from 150's to a 180 industrial nozzle. Truck seems like it's alot more noisy aka rattle and hazes as I drive under normal throttle. Just wondering if this is normal?

hey interested in your 150s, but anyways , i got a set of 180s by mistake and noticed the same thing with the rattle and they did haze a bit only normal highway speed none at idle , i took them out cause of it but thats only cause i only had a 62mm at th time and i ordered 100s

Got scheid 150s in my vp and they haze like crazy.

Posted to not CumminsForum via not autoguide for iphone.

Try playing around with the timing if you can.

Yeah I have played with timing and duration and it never goes away. I talked with someone who sells alot of Industrial Nozzles and said the rattle is quite common with thier larger nozzles.

I have injectors that are larger than yours and I get little rattle when I'm not making any boost,but once I see a little over 5psi it goes away.

I have 260hp injectors in my truck, and now I'm on my second set of twins. First set was a 62/65/14 over a GT4202. They would start to light at 1500-1600 rpm. No rattle , and I ran this setup for 3 almost 4 years.
Flash forward to today, I have a new set of twins on 63/74/14 over a 80/96/1.10. New set starts to light at 1800 rpm, and you guessed it the truck now has rattle until it builds a little boost.
The only difference for me was the size of the twins. I think the big lazy turbos are really the problem and injectors are getting the blame for all the rattle.

I have 260hp injectors in my truck, and now I'm on my second set of twins. First set was a 62/65/14 over a GT4202. They would start to light at 1500-1600 rpm. No rattle , and I ran this setup for 3 almost 4 years.
Flash forward to today, I have a new set of twins on 63/74/14 over a 80/96/1.10. New set starts to light at 1800 rpm, and you guessed it the truck now has rattle until it builds a little boost.
The only difference for me was the size of the twins. I think the big lazy turbos are really the problem and injectors are getting the blame for all the rattle.

Crazy we run a secondary almost as large as your primary, and don't get any rattle at all... Our setup also starts to light at about 1900rpm, sounds like tuning to me.

Crazy we run a secondary almost as large as your primary, and don't get any rattle at all... Our setup also starts to light at about 1900rpm, sounds like tuning to me.

It won't tune out for me with any of the settings I've tried that are available to me with the Smarty. I guess i see what you are saying with the tuning though... I have EFI, I'm just patiently waiting for it to become available for my year.

It won't tune out for me with any of the settings I've tried that are available to me with the Smarty. I guess i see what you are saying with the tuning though... I have EFI, I'm just patiently waiting for it to become available for my year.

We just run SSR, but each truck is a little different so yours will probably need a specific touch when good tuning becomes available for it.

Thanks for all the input.. When I had my 150's never noticed much rattle, but when I went with the Industrial 180's, much more rattle. Nothing else changed on the truck. I also notice once the turbos light, rattle goes away (or maybe its just that the turbo's drown it out?). Truck runs fine, just rattle.

Back