Injectors

R33615

STARTED
A buddy of mine is about to buy an '04 gmc and doesn't know much about diesels so I'm doing the research for him. I have noticed a lot of talk about injector problems on these LB7 trucks and was wondering if aftermarket injectors will fix the issue... Thanks for the help.

A buddy of mine is about to buy an '04 gmc and doesn't know much about diesels so I'm doing the research for him. I have noticed a lot of talk about injector problems on these LB7 trucks and was wondering if aftermarket injectors will fix the issue... Thanks for the help.

I highly doubt he will have to worry about this. This was manily a 01-03 problem 04's seem to be the better of the lb7's

no kurt you are wrong all LB7's have the injector problem.

aftermarket injectors will not fix the problem.

Plus...unless I'm wrong...there really are no "aftermarket" injectors in the sense that the ones available are actually still Bosch units that are tweaked or whatever.

Sorry but I have to agree with Ben. '04 LB7's have the same issues with injectors that the previous years have and there is no fix, just replacement...which will go out eventually also.

'04 LLY's don't have injector issues...they have overheating issues.

Sorry but I have to agree with Ben. '04 LB7's have the same issues with injectors that the previous years have and there is no fix, just replacement...which will go out eventually also.

'04 LLY's don't have injector issues...they have overheating issues.

I simply stated that 04 seem to be better about them. Witch they do. I know of a couple people with 04 lb7 that have alot of miles on them with zero issues. Im not saying its never going to happen im just stating they seem to be a little better

The 04' LB7 uses the same parts as the 01', 02' and 03'. It is just luck that the 04's you have seen still have not had injctor problems.

Ben re read what i have posted before you hammer someone :blahblah1:

Kurt you're an idiot. And take the GT42 out of your signature, its not installed on your truck.

You wrote "this was mainly a 2001-2003 problem" and I wrote "no Kurt its not a 01-03 problem, the 04's have the problems too"

how is that me not reading what you posted?

Back