Installing camshaft, wanna make sure i did it right before i button everything up

dodgediesel59

I have an 01, finally got the gears swapped today and modified my gear housing for cam sensor. Before i pulled cam out i lined up the 0 on the crank gear with the 2 dimples on the camshaft gear. I put it in the exhaust same way. I just wanted to make sure that those are indeed the timing marks and that i didnt mess anything up. I know its a stupid question, but i hate taking things apart twice cuz i did something backwards.
Thanks guys

Now from what i gathered from barring the motor over after the cam was in and playing around trying to find tdc when the timing marks on the cam are lined up that is perfect tdc?

Yes thats TDC...probably not 100% perfect TDC but probably within a half or full degree. I dial indicator would find true TDC

Wish i had one that would work. I have the one for doing pump timing and a dana spicer kit for setting rear ends, but nothing for that purpose

I will have to see what i can rig up i did the screwdriver method and the timing marks for cam seem to be about perfect. Its in the middle of the up and down so i think i will just go with it and leave my motor untoched until i get damper back on and then mark everything.

Back