Intercooler Mounting

Flatbedcowboy

Does it matter how an intercooler is mounted?

Can I take a horizontal intercooler and turn it 90degrees and run it vertical?

Having a hard time finding an intercooler to fit my project.

Thanks

Pressurized air don’t care. As long as you can plumb it, run it however you need to.

IM interested in the project...Can't be ordinary if you are looking at these options.....do tell.

IM interested in the project...Can't be ordinary if you are looking at these options.....do tell.

Ha it’s not to crazy. It’s a 1948 International KB11 that I’m swapping a DT466 and a spicer 5spd. Currently just has common pump mods and advanced timing, looking to add a S366 turbo soon. The nose of the is truck is pretty limited on space, specially with an intercooler, radiator, and ac condenser.

I’m redoing the blue one in the picture.

Attachments

• 08BDD2B3-7ED1-4C20-8EC7-396DD0D838F1.jpg
    08BDD2B3-7ED1-4C20-8EC7-396DD0D838F1.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 0
Ha it’s not to crazy. It’s a 1948 International KB11 that I’m swapping a DT466 and a spicer 5spd.

Crazy? No. But interesting and phucking cool!

Are you going rat rod, restored, working truck?

What kinda bed?

I just looked a little closer and think I see a 5th wheel?

Is this a tandem axle?

ATA doesn't matter, LTA has constraints to help limit cavitation.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

I just looked a little closer and think I see a 5th wheel?

Is this a tandem axle?

Ha thanks!

It does have a 5th wheel. But no tandem axle. It started its life as an over the road truck and sometime in the mid 60s it became a log truck. It had air brakes, but I’m converting it to disk. It also had a 5 speed with a 4 speed brownie, but it swapping that out with the spicer 5spd.

I’m doing like a rusto-restore, the interior will be made like new/high end, but the rest of the truck will be left rusty and original. It’ll be my tow rig for my farm. I’m not doing a bed, I’m going to replace the 5th wheel with a ball hitch and run half fenders with mud flaps.

Ha thanks!

It does have a 5th wheel. But no tandem axle. It started its life as an over the road truck and sometime in the mid 60s it became a log truck. It had air brakes, but I’m converting it to disk. It also had a 5 speed with a 4 speed brownie, but it swapping that out with the spicer 5spd.

I’m doing like a rusto-restore, the interior will be made like new/high end, but the rest of the truck will be left rusty and original. It’ll be my tow rig for my farm. I’m not doing a bed, I’m going to replace the 5th wheel with a ball hitch and run half fenders with mud flaps.

Sounds cool, I am interested...start a thread and give LOTS of pics.

Good luck man, seems like a build I would drive.

Back