IP leaking on alh

HightechRedneck

I'm currently irritated but I'm going to post this up cause I need help. My car is a 2000 jetta tdi. Has 186k on it and when I purchased it a new IP was put on in December. Today after driving it I noticed a smell of raw fuel but the car was running perfect so I didn't question it. Well after working a little on it tonight on gauges I see liquid under the pump. I fire up the car to see what's going on and this thing is dripping diesel faster than its burning it. Looks to me to be under the pump where the two housings are together. Idk what to do and I'm out of options. I will post some pics tomorrow but does anyone have an idea what's wrong? All lines are dry, top housings are dry. It's just wet under it.

I just have had it with the car right now. It's bone stock and this shouldn't happen with a newer pump. Waiting on a call or text from prior owner.

Anyone wanna buy my car??

I know the gaskets in these IP will leak. They have rebuild kits available. It sucks its happening on a new pump though.

Find out where the pump came from. I would imagine it would have a warranty on it

I feel your pain

9E2141DF-2764-44BF-9A19-7416E955325C-3655-000001E325EAB9B4_zps7e88ecf2.jpg

402DBB4D-0A55-426F-B19A-782CBA3569D7-3655-000001E3134FBC67_zps6df53932.jpg

0C03448B-98AC-4C9F-AC4B-10D99C0AE2A2-3655-000001E3323C8C61_zps79ad10e0.jpg

The lines are dry. If they were leaking at all wouldn't the car have a shutter or a miss to it? It runs perfect it just leaks more fuel than it burns now. I took off skid plate last night and it looks like its literally coming out of the housing. Pump is 7 months old and has maybe 12k miles on it. I can't afford to fix this either right now.

I had one popped line and surprisingly I didn't even notice, it would only leave a few drips at first, then it started spitting.

If its the head o-ring, you can do this:
viton seal kit

If its actually a new oem pump, warranty it.

I fixed it. One bolt was loose on pump. Backed it out loctite it then back in. No issue now. Evry mod on car now too LOL

It was very irratating though. I think the sky can stay up there for a long time.

Car runs a lot better and doesn't smoke as much now either. Unless I flip the switch. Went into limp mode once but I'm learning to control it and now shouldn't do it again.

I do not approve of the evry mod for the ver reasons you're experiencing. Going into limp mode because of it means you're likely overboosting like crazy, just asking for a blown turbo and a runaway. not worth it.

Well it's a tempory thing. Tuning is coming once I start my new job. I have read a ton of wrong things about it and yes it does worry me. But I will not let it idle with it on. It only gets flipped on when some diesel punk is behind me. We have a big cruise in this comjng weekend and I'm deciding not to install nozzles with this cause I feel it will be too much. I also run this mod at lower rpms and don't give it a chance anymore to run above 2k where wastegate opens. I don't want to end turbo life but if it goes it goes. I have our turbo guy working on a 17/22 hybrid.

Back