Is this bad?

chriswelters

Just a kid
I went to start my truck the other day and something was different. I have straight exhaust. When the truck is running normal you will hear the sound like a jet engine with the blowing of the air. when you first start the truck the sound isnt there and when the oil pressure comes up it starts the turbo jet sound. well my truck was going on and off with that sound. was the turbo sticking or what? It was just like a normal gas engine truck then it would kick in with the jet engine sound.

Could be the VGT solenoid sticking, or the vanes themselves sticking some. How does it drive?

I had this problem with my '06 and it was the Turbo Actuator..

Was it recently in the shop. The latest flash does that to the turbo. It cycles back and forth to help keep the veins from sticking. If it has a rhythm, then its normal.

Was it recently in the shop. The latest flash does that to the turbo. It cycles back and forth to help keep the veins from sticking. If it has a rhythm, then its normal.

Until I just got reflashed a few months ago my truck did the same thing. The new flash got rid of it though.

IMO you are fine.

I didn't drive it yet because i didn't know what it was. It hasn't been in the shop for a long time. I still have the flash where theres that clicking sound for the fuel system. I didn't want to bring it in to get it redone because of all the stuff I did to it. So there must be something wrong with it.

The flash that made my truck make the noise was atleast 2 years old. I think you are ok

I am pretty sure your ok too. Just drive it and see if it acts right. If its stuck or screwed up, you'll know it pretty quick.

So I should get the new flash then. How much does that run? How do i know if my warranty is there. I got this letter in the mail that saying that my warranty was over but its an 04.

Back