Issue with injectors

Ajrinehart22

I got 03 cummins smoking white and missing. Just want to make sure it's injectors which I'm sure is. Started doin it after I took 125 hp nozzles off and put stocks back on. 160000 miles on truck believe I fried the injectors. Any input appreciated

Sure sounds like injectors. Double check all of your connections just to be sure. More than likely you're going to have to pull them out. Nozzle swaps usually don't go over well.

It seems like its that. I got the injectors in today. 100hp running stock turbo for now. Should push it ok for now. Put arp studs in it to someone said sure hope u didn't blow the head gasket but I never lifted the head I pulled them out one by one and did it that way. So where they got the blown head gasket from I have no idea. Didn't think that a blown head gasket would cause it to miss.

if you changed out the studs did you bottom them out then back off a quarter turn.then in the correct pattern torqued each one to 100flbs then again to 125flbs.if you did you dont have head gasket problems.After putting in the injectors did you see the cross over tubes move slightly while turning the injector.if you torqued everything to spec your problem is with the injectors.chances of it being something else is small.if the hold down bolts are loose be sure to get the oil out of the holes before going back then use just a small dab of BLUE locktight.Do a kill test so you dont have to pull them all.when you changed the tips were the small pins there? the tips torque to 42flbs.hope it all goes well.

Back