J-Rod and John Robinson @ NHRA Sep 25

THATpreston

Brush your teeth.
For those unaware, the two fastest pro teams will be running side by side at the NHRA Midwest Nationals in St Louis. Ok...that's a big deal. However, it's a gigantic thing for me.

My father passed away a week ago yesterday. He was an NHRA gas racer in M & I Gas in the late 60's until 75.

John Robinson has graciously agreed to place a little of dad's ashes in his parachute so my old man can have one last fast pass. Hoping that Dan Scheid will allow some in his as well. Hell....dad might be racing himself.

Cannot say thanks enough to my buddy John Robinson. This means the world to me, my brother and my mother.

My dad's car still exists....it was found about 10 years ago, restored and sold to a VW gasser collector in Scotland.

31785_2413097965943_4428120_n.jpg

Last edited:
Respect. Good to hear that your father is being honored.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, and that is totally awesome that John is doing this for you! Way to go John! Hopefully Dan and crew will be able to do the same for you.

That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard. I've said id like to be cremated and blown out the stack going down the strip.

sorry for your loss, but it sounds like he lived a long live and that sounds like one heck of a way to honor him!

good on you, sir

Sorry to hear about your dad. That is an awesome way to honor him though.

Thank you, Im so honored to be able to do something to make a friend happy. Im very sorry to see your dad go Preston.

Back