Jasper Is Getting There!

Forced_4Bangr

Looking for a toy hauler!
I should have posted this earlier as I've had this trans in the truck for over 30K miles now. Initial results were similar to everyone else. First thing is that Jasper transmissions are not junk. The torque converters that they have been using for a long time are not capable of supporting the low end torque of a cummins. Around 25k miles the single disc converter was at the end of its life and was not capable of even towing my Bobcat 753. Torque converter slip led to burnt fluid which means tranny death.
Jasper does upgrade multiple components in their transmissions compared to stock. Mine came as an assembly unit with billet flex plate, upgraded valve body and clutch packs.
Moving on to the good news. Not only did Jasper in my case make it right by covering all Labor for repair they will be releasing to the public a triple disc torque converter (Not sure when yet). Myself as well as one other truck currently have prototype converters installed and I have to say I'm impressed. I'll keep you all updated as I put more miles on.

Initial testing is outstanding. :Cheer: to Jasper on this one. Once they decided testing is adequate they should be available. Oh....and no problems with the warranty even with me running my Edge Juice with Hot Unlock(Supporting Mods as well)

def keep us posted this is great I will need to be replacing a tranny soon :(

Jasper=JUNK

Will not hold a Superchiped 7.3L. The factory Ford Trans is much stronger than this crap. I have seen more Jasper transmissions let go it less than 10k. I will Never EVER again buy one.

I'd run a jasper product in a stock vehicle, or one that is close to stock. Their issue is they are trying to please the grandpa crowd with "smooth" shifts, while still making it hold up.
Any way you look at it, their warranty is the best in the industry. Parts, labor, fluids. They cover it.

Sounds like to me they are trying to please both crowds now. I'm not saying one would hold 1,000hp but it'd be great the everyday truck running parts like the OP. I'd consider running one.

Jasper makes a good product.

However, if you are truely qualified to be a CompD member, you might look elsewhere for a replacement trans!

Quick Update

I now have hit over the 10k mark on the new triple disc and it's still holding strong. I definitely need a trans controller though. Four thousand miles out of the ten were pulling anywhere from 4k-16k lbs. Fluid in the trans is looking a lot better than when I had the single disc in it. Jasper is trying hard to please everyone now. As was stated earlier they still have the best warranty by far and now I think have a better product to go along with it. I'll let you all know when I hit 20K what I think.

I would hope a triple disk would hold up with just a tuner and some basic mods....WHy dont you hook it to a sled or take it down the drag strip a few times and let us know how she does.

Most of us buy triple disks because our builds require a converter that will take the abuse, not just putts around with 350rwhp.

Back