John Deere Hygard in a 68RFE?

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
Anybody done this? I like the 68RFE, just wish the stall was tighter.

Have not heard of anyone doing it yet.
I would say though if you do it the dealer should reset the trans learn cycle.
What I have read about it the controller monitors element fill times and pressures, which is exactly what a powershift does in tractors. Those transmissions are sensitive enough they want to know if they have 30w hy-gard or 10w Low viscosity hy-gard in them before they will calibrate.

Have not heard of anyone doing it yet.
I would say though if you do it the dealer should reset the trans learn cycle.
What I have read about it the controller monitors element fill times and pressures, which is exactly what a powershift does in tractors. Those transmissions are sensitive enough they want to know if they have 30w hy-gard or 10w Low viscosity hy-gard in them before they will calibrate.

I think if you would fill it, and drive it gently, I suspect it would relearn all of the CCV times. It is an adaptive transmission controller.

Ive ran a few different stalls in mine in the early stages of testing. Give Ron a buzz over at the coast and he will get ya fixed up.

I think if you would fill it, and drive it gently, I suspect it would relearn all of the CCV times. It is an adaptive transmission controller.

You are probably right, as long as the values are not outside of some parameter set in the controller to default it to limp mode.
I would say low-viscosity hy-gard is closer in weight to ATF+4, but still a good bit thicker.

Back