Just Bought '08 3500... have ?s

HushpowerGuy

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I just bought a 2008 3500 4x4 Dually, 6spd Manual, crew cab, 6.7...:rockwoot:
It will be put on the road with a 3/4 car hauler this coming Tuesday, is there anything I should be doing to it ASAP, or just run it the way it is??? Please advise...$.02

I don't think it needs power. I will have one of my hired drivers in it and more power will just mean more broken parts. I just want to know if there is anything that I should do now to make sure the heavy loads (20,000#) dont hurt it.

I just want to know if there is anything that I should do now to make sure the heavy loads (20,000#) dont hurt it.
Run it. It is built for the purpose your going to be using it for.

Make sure your rear tires are aired up to the proper psi for the load your carrying and tell your driver to always start out in the 1st gear when pulling that much weight or you'll be putting a new clutch in very soon. Unloaded it is Ok to start out in second or even third if your on a downhill slope.

Gooseneck or 5th wheel??

Joe

Gooseneck 53' 3 axle hauler

Thanks for the info. I pick it up today at 4:30 and it goes on the road next tuesday. Should I get a larger diff. cover.

Geez, that's a biggin' of a gooseneck. Mine is only a little 24' deck.

Might be a good idea to get a Mag Hytec cover for piece of mind. I am sure the factory fluid and cover will be fine but more fluid back there plus the ease of changing it always is a plus.

Joe

Run the piss out of it.... I wouldn't touch a thing

off it goes, I saw it long enough to take pics... and my driver is already gone in it.

Attachments

• Dodge%20002.jpg
    Dodge%20002.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 27
Thank you...!
Hopefully it stays that way, but you know how hired help can be with equipment

I would put synthetics in the transmission, rear diff, with larger covers, both places.
Amsoil, of course.

You got a hired gun driving, hes going to be mashed all the time, heat is the killer.

Back