just need to make 2 pulls this year!!

smokin24v

ok bought a 96 ex long box.... with an auto tranny

just want tomake to pulls this summer couple local fair pulls usually nothin over 400HP there...(may be differant this year dunno)

heres couple things i was wantin to do... need you to tell me if it'll hold up for 2 runs

swap in a D80(pry don't need for 2 pulls but will in the future)

pump mods- no fuel plate, afc gutted, 4gsk, 60# springs,191 or .22 dvs with .93 holders.

TURBO- some kind of 64 (want somethin i can put on the towin rig at the end of the summer)

Injectors- open to suggestions there

snow water/meth kit ( also put on towin rig at end of season)

tranny-, ats 5 star converter, valve body...(would like to put them in my tow rig also at end of summer)

reason i ask is this is really first time i've put much power to a 12v... have always had 24v's

mainly interested in how hot its goin to get and if tranny will get though it.

It's possible... I made over 7 hooks on my stock clutch. Id say the tranny is the weak point dont think you'll have any trouble with the egts.

might want to think up of some ladder bars, also depending on where your hookin they may not allow water but you may not care. so who knows but good luck might as well plan everything for the future cause your little "two pull" habit will turn into 10 then 15 then your makin 70 a year haha.

I don't think there are many rules where he is planning to pull. If any...?
His plans, last I heard, was to turn the truck into a full time puller in the future.

I think those mods will make a fun couple of pulls.
I would do some retainers and locks and then go with a 5k instead of the 4k.
5x.016s work well with 12mm pumps.
If you are planning on using the turbo on a tow rig later a 62mm turbo will make good power.

might want to think up of some ladder bars, also depending on where your hookin they may not allow water but you may not care. so who knows but good luck might as well plan everything for the future cause your little "two pull" habit will turn into 10 then 15 then your makin 70 a year haha.

lol o i've got the habit enough i've givin up couple other hobbies to fund this build next winter..

i've hooked my 01 up 5-6 times and now i want to move on to bigger :bang... but want to particapate in the home town pulls this year just for fun... there pry much run what ya brung type pulls.. only class's for diesel are under 5300# and 8600#'s lol so not much for rules must be street legal....

what kinda injector do you think i can get away with be for gettin too hot...

ya man i can't wait to get this thing tore apart and start on the real build... but i kno theres no way i'll get it done before fall fest... but the day after, it won't be on the street again...

seems like a waste to me to build it for 2 pulls then tear it apart again to build it stronger. 2 pulls is 2 pulls. miss em and it wont be the end of the world you know? why dont you start on the REAL build now so you dont have to tear it apart again and get rid of the sub par parts you put on to make it pull worthy? just my two cents but if your trying to throw something together just to get to a pull or two, dont waste your time and do it right!

thats a good point... but most of what im buying will put put on my daily driver afterwards i just don't want to pull it...

more i think the more i might just start on the build now and forget the pullin for this year

thats a good point... but most of what im buying will put put on my daily driver afterwards i just don't want to pull it...

more i think the more i might just start on the build now and forget the pullin for this year

thats good that you can use some stuff on the DD, but the time and effort just to take it off after you put it on is another issue that i wouldnt like to deal with. depending on how fast you get her fully together in the end you can catch some pulls perhaps. just my opinion though! pulling is addicting but you can ween off it for a little while and return with a truly kickass truck that is done full and right..

Back