Just Started Votec 3 days ago

Dieselkid

Whats up guys havent been on here in like a month or so but anyway i have started Votec in the Diesel Program. it seems like a ok class its a little scary from some of the stories he told us. he said the first thing were probably gonna do is learn how to rebuild and motor and know the ins and outs of it he said were working on lawn mower engines first. were gonna take them apart and put them back together he said he rather us break or mess up something on a $500 engine compared to a $10,000 to $20,000 engine etc. were going on some trips in the future to so it looks pretty cool. if i need help with anything i ask you guys cause i know you guys know your stuff. He said later on in the year he said we can take the ASE Certified Technician Test. he said we should go to Tractor Trailer Dealers Etc and say we go to votec that way we can get our foot in the door. of coarse we start at the bottom but we would work our way up he said the most important thing to know about a motor in any motor is the electronics. because if we know the eletronics we would know just about everything else about an engine.:rockwoot: so once again i hope you guys can help me out when i need it thanks.

Last edited:
wish i would have went to votech. best programs and plus you get out of real school for fun :)

My brother did that his Junior and Senior years. The only actual classes he had to do were English and History. He was able to get math and physics credits from the VoTec deal. He worked at a machinist.

i went to vocational school a few years ago. we didnt have any electronic engines to work on, so it was all old school, still learn a lot though. with the ASE test, you can take them, but you technically arent ceritfied until you have 2 years of expereince. Votech will count as one year, then another year of school or work will do it. I decided to go to Wyotech when i graduated, and thats where you learn about all the new stuff.

Votech is a great thing, and have fun with it!

I start tech school on August 18th, we'll be starting into full engine tear downs in the second week... but no lawn mower engines for us. Right into the big cats, detroits, and cummins.

Back