Ladder Bar or 4 link?

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
I am getting ready to build a new front suspension on my 93 dodge drag truck to get rid of the leaf springs. For the rear I plan to build a ladder bar set up mimicking what Darren and Phil run. I am wondering if I can ladder bar the front as well or if I will need to build a 4 link instead. I know 4 links allow articulation as to where a ladder bar will not but with the main purpose of this truck being on the strip I don't see the need for articulation. I was also looking into the ruffstuffspecialties heims and was wondering what your alls opinions were on using one of there 7/8x3/4 heim on a 5000lb truck, I guess the $19.99 a piece worries me. Any advice from chassis builders would be appreciated, Thanks

Depends on what class you want to run and what the rules are I would imagine?

Pro street class no rules saying I can't modify front suspension and beings that a lot of guys are running custom radias bars and coil over shocks I don't see it being against the rules

If it were me, I'd build a 4-Link setup if you've got to build anything. Trust me when I say being 4wd and having a 4-link setup will be nice. It'll allow a wider range of pre-load on the front axle, and travel limitations. I'm not a big fan of 4wd trucks and launching hard, having two power axles makes it a long process to make them work together.

Back