Ladder Bar With Air Bags ? Need Help

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
Pull Once In Awhile At Local Fairs, First Time Stock Suspesion And Got 3 Of Of 27 Trucks , But I Lost Alot Of Hithch Hieght, So I Put Air Bags On And Tried Again , I Put 90 Lbs In Bags And 60 Lbs Of Air In Back Tires , Trucked Bounced Badly Only From The Rear , Front Was Fine , So Whats Wrong ? Let Air Bags Down To 50 Lbs And Drop Tires Down To 40 ? Make It A Little Softer ?

Pull Once In Awhile At Local Fairs, First Time Stock Suspesion And Got 3 Of Of 27 Trucks , But I Lost Alot Of Hithch Hieght, So I Put Air Bags On And Tried Again , I Put 90 Lbs In Bags And 60 Lbs Of Air In Back Tires , Trucked Bounced Badly Only From The Rear , Front Was Fine , So Whats Wrong ? Let Air Bags Down To 50 Lbs And Drop Tires Down To 40 ? Make It A Little Softer ?

i run 30pis in mine and my hitch height is like 20in tall

Ditch the bags and run solid stops. The reason for the bounce was that there was no weight on the springs and they were not holding the axle in one place. A set of traction bars and solid suspension stops will help greatly. Good luck and have fun!

Who Sells The Solid Stops Reasonable ? Something That Bolts In Place Of The Rubber Snubber ?

they are pretty easy to fabricate yourself, you can be pretty creative with it. I'm sure you could do a search on here and see what people have done, and if you can't find any ideas, pm me and I'll send you pics of mine. I run bags and stops because in my class out here in cali I'm required to have 1" of rear suspension travel, so I run MAX psi in the bags and adjust the stops for the inch of travel.

Back