Large innercooler.....

stock600

I have the CAC that I had on my truck laying around and decided to sell it. It is very large and does a great job but not needed anymore for drag racing along with water inj. and nitrous. The inlet and outlet both come out of the top and 90* toward the engine, the inlet is 4" and the outlet is 3". I have the custom 3" side available to go with it, its got many 1/8th pipe bungs in it for whatever. All thats needed for the turbo side is the charger to 4" 90* that Ive still got on the truck. I can get someone the cummins part number for it and its no biggie to grab at a local cummins. All the custom bands, and piping is there with it along with the mounting brakets i made to fit my truck. I believe this CAC originaly came on a MACK or a frieghtliner FL120, so its designed to properly cool around 15L and does a great job on only 5.9. It is still on my truck in the pic of my avitor, after a race the 4" side is blazing hot and the 3" cool side is ambient temp, its amazing the heat it rejects. The core is very thick and I had it pressure checked at 200 lbs and cleaned and painted by the local Rad. shop when I bought it. It has NO leaks and works great, but at 6 seconds at a time I found I dont need it anymore. I think thier around 1200 bucks new, I have around 450 in it not including all the custom piping intake and other pipes ect... its all madrale bent tubing that I put together for Max flow, I made it all to clear the P-7100 and make pump adjustments very easy. If someone would pay shipping Id sell it for 500 bucks.
Ryan Tucker

CAC Pictures

This will be ideal for a pull truck. Here are a few pics of before and after the CAC. Remember the new 4" turbo adapter will be needed. I will post Cummins part number later.

Ryan

Attachments

• 100_2373.jpg
    100_2373.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_3104.jpg
    100_3104.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_3090.jpg
    100_3090.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_3103.jpg
    100_3103.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 93
Another pic of CAC

A frontal view to get an idea of size.... piping already has 1/8th" bungs on both sides, I exp.'ed with water and nitrous on each side and found it works best with 50% of each on each side for cooling and more max power put the water on the hot side and the juice on the 3" cold side. Ryan

Attachments

• 100_2458.jpg
    100_2458.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 87
The only thing needed for this to hook up is the already mentioned 4" aluminum 90* the Cummins part number is 3883977. PM me if you have an offer or a poss. trade I am looking for a new Set of Pro Gears "again"... someone could poss. get me a New Ring & Pinion coming this way for less than 400 and we could do some trading.......US gear, Strange, Motive, Mark Williams, I dont care who gear it is as long as its the 35 spline Pro Gear.....PM me for the ratio if your interested.
Ryan Tucker

This is more of a bump for ya,, but I have allways wondered, dont they give you greif for not having a front end on that truck at the track?

Kevin

Is that a fram filter I see on the engine?

No sir, its a wix

No your right the other picture sure is a Fram, I must have been in a bind. Theres no issue though supposely with the new designed 3976A vers the old 3976??? I think i seen that info in a TDR mag? I usually run a Wix though.
Ryan

Last edited:
Why

This is more of a bump for ya,, but I have allways wondered, dont they give you greif for not having a front end on that truck at the track?

Kevin

Nope, why would they? Nothing to hide here, everyone always says the opisite, they enjoy being able to walk up to it and see whats going on. I have a complete front clip giving to me by a member on here yesterday, I just have to pick it up and decide if I want to run one or not. I ran all over the state with it as is NHRA and IHRA and thats one of the few things I have not been giged over.
Ryan
P.S. This CAC will cool unbelievably better than a factory style from our dodge trucks.......just a matter of can you make it fit????
Ryan

Last edited:
Ryan, here is another bump for you. And the tracks around me will not let you run without a front clip so I guess your lucky. LOL Good luck with the sale.

I appreciate all the bumps? You know what they say about Lucky......
Thanks for the wonderful comments, delete......

I would think safety thing. The outer skin would help slow down the the projectiles. If nothing else probably should run a turbo blanket, incase it blows so you don't skatter pieces.

Hey Ryan, please dont take it the wrong way, we appreciate your truck, I think it is sweet, and you have a great looking engine there. I just have never ran on a track that would allow that,, not saying it is right, just how I have seen it...

Oh, and I really want to see you sell that,, it would make someone a sweet deal!!

Kevin

Anyone.......With connections this gear set can be bought for less than 350.00. I would still trade if you cover the shipping.
Ryan

Back