Las Vegas Strip Spartan 310 and Smarty 4.3 Tested

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
A few diesel trucks showed up for Midnight Mayhem last night at Las Vegas Motor Speedway 1/4mile strip.

Weather was a little chilly for Vegas at 55* F and humidity was high for Vegas as well at 35%.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway's altitude of 2028ft vs Houston's 38ft hurt JTaylor's times by 3 tenths and 2-3 mph.

There was an 06' White 4x4 Quadcab MPI He351/S471 twins, HTS Tranny, stock fuel system piloted by Barbie. Her best run with a Revo tune on the Smarty was 13.89. JTaylor helped Barbie load up Beta 4.3 which picked up 2mph and 1 tenth at 13.79 ET.

There was also a brand new Harley Davidson Edition Ford Powerstroke with intake, turbo back exhaust, and Spartan 310 tune. Truck went 13.56 and cut a nice 1.84 60' time.

All in all it was a fun night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF2OBUo1LNY

http:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwr1lnzjZ3w

More videos to follow when I get them uploaded.

So it was a test n tune night? How many folks showed up? That's a bit chilly for the desert... BTW, great spot for the vid's. Must have been in the press box, right?

A couple of friday's each month a local radio station sponsor's street legal racing at the track called "Midnight Mayhem."

All you need is a driver's license, street legal licensed and insured vehicle, and $10 for as many runs as you want till midnight.

I was in one of the upper rows in the regular grand stands. I haven't been to many other 1/4mile tracks but Las Vegas has a nice facility in my opinion.

As far as turnout, usually there are 150 - 350 vehicles that show up to race. Last night I would guess 150 or so showed up.

Great Video! Keeping in mind that the 06 only has a Smarty and Walbro 392 for more Fuel, a set MPI Twins, and only hits 1100 Degrees. It may very well be on a good start. The 6.4 Powerstroke weighed well over 8000 lbs, with Tools, a 50 gallon fuel transfer tank, and still managed to trap 98 mph with Thin Air. By the time that footage was shot the Track was very slippery. I probably would have gotten better traction on Black Ice....

Well I must say thats a pretty nice looking ford if I do say so myself. I am confident she will run 12's with less weight

Back