launch question...1.83 60ft to soft?

The statement was made that a low stall converter hurts 60'...regardless of power or tire, low 60' can be achieved with a low stall converter

My low stall was 1250. I just had it raised to 1500 feels like I'm spraying off the line in comparison.

If anything my lower stall launched harder, now it just blows through the converter on launch. So I lock in first gear now. LOL The only reason I went to higher stall was so I could spool on the line.

Lol. 1250 must have been pushing through the brakes at idle!

Had to hold brake with 2 feet at long lights I lowered idle to where sometimes cold motor would stall when going into gear. Pain in the ass. Took forever to get to 10psi on brakes and 11psi would push through the brakes

I got a lower then stock stall. Seems to put more power to the wheels unlocked in 1st and 2nd. Lock up isn't as drastic of a differential. Just normal daily driving the lower then stock is better IMHO

Kenny, bring it to Poncis and I'll work on your tune and help you out

I appreciate the offer les, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make ponci's. maybe we can meet up at a local sled pull or something closer in the future.

Back