LBZ - In need of some help!!!

03 SB FX4

Hey guys,

I have an 06 w/ LBZ and I recently scanned the truck and got the p2563 code - Vane Position Sensor and I also know that the LBZ in particular is notorious with having the Vane Solenoid go out either at the same time or shortly there after and I am wondering if anyone happens to be in IL - reasonably close to zip code 62035 and has EFI live or Tech II that can scan the truck more thoroughly for me so that I know exactly which one I need - my local dealers are quoting me SUPER ridiculous prices to basically do little more than diagnostics.

I know I can get the sensor and the solenoid replaced myself but need to know exactly what I am needing first - then be able to get the trucks sensor re-learned - via Tech II.

If you can help or know someone close who can I would greatly appreciate it. I don't really have a lot of money right now and I am not wanting to pay the "Stealer" a fee for just doing a few minutes worth of work!

Does it feel down on power at all?

I know the vanes can get stuck as well from time to time.

A good romping for a short amount of time can actually help break it loose as the extra heat kind of cooks the gunk build up in there.

If it's not than your probably right on the vane sensor...

Back