Leveling kits?

JRJernigan

I am looking to level out the front of my truck. Has anyone put in the Ready-Lift leveling kit in their 2500 HD? The front end sitting lower than the back drives me nuts.

I have a set on my truck and barely cleared 35's but i jus bent my center link at the track last tuesday so they are comming off!!:badidea:

You are the first person I have talked to who has had a set. I know they are really popular but wanted to know from experience. I wonder, is there a lift out there, 6" that would level?

Honestly I have no clue this is my first duramax so im jus learning as I go!!! All I know is from the crap I have bent and broke when you go high your sitting on a time bomb LOL.

Readylift is $230,Cognito is $120(same parts) or $1300 for Skyjackers torsion drop kit, keeps CVs level.

PM me and I will give you a link to see how keys work and why you get a bad ride. Shows pic's so it's pretty helpfully.

It's on another forum, don't know if I can link it on here?

Nor-Cal Nick

Cognito is by far (imo) the safest (for component life), most complete kit out there.

What nick is referring to will show you how the upper control arm design will increase balljoint life, as well as increase the droop of the suspension travel.

These things are a must to correct when leveling an IFS chevy...or else youll spend more than the cost difference of the kits, in parts...prematurely.

Also, if you are sled pulling (and even if you are not)...its good to know that the same company has designed a few steering upgrades to compliment that kit. Idler and pitman arm braces, new tie rod assemblies with heim joints, etc. Cognito pretty much aimed to weed out all of the weak points on the frontend...which, really arent hard to find on that design.

Also, you asked about 6" kits...most suspension systems on the market give the rear roughly 2" less lift than the advertised front lift height. Therefore with a typical 6" kit, you will lift the rear 4", thus leveling it for the look you are going for.

Shoot me a pm if you need prices on anything....or just info.

- Jesse

Back