Lift pumps these days....

blackmega3500

What's everyone using that's not crapping out?

My Airdog 4g kicked the bucket...... 3rd pump in 4 years and only about 50k miles.

Getting annoying now, and want something rock solid.

I’d recommend building your own with a Walbro GSL392 pump, Aeromotive regulator (can’t remember the p/n off hand), Wix 24770 filter bases, and Cat filters (175-2949 10 micron water separator and 1R-0750 2 micron final).
I’ve built close to 10 of them for Powerstrokes, and have not had a single one fail. Oldest one has nearly 80,000 miles on it, and 5 years supporting 600hp at 60 psi.
If that pump isn’t big enough, build the same setup with an Aeromotive A1000. That’s what I had on my 4 door. That system is approaching 7 years old with nary a hiccup, and has supported 550-800 hp depending on the turbo/injector combination (10 different ones) over the years.

I’d recommend building your own with a Walbro GSL392 pump, Aeromotive regulator (can’t remember the p/n off hand), Wix 24770 filter bases, and Cat filters (175-2949 10 micron water separator and 1R-0750 2 micron final).
I’ve built close to 10 of them for Powerstrokes, and have not had a single one fail. Oldest one has nearly 80,000 miles on it, and 5 years supporting 600hp at 60 psi.
If that pump isn’t big enough, build the same setup with an Aeromotive A1000. That’s what I had on my 4 door. That system is approaching 7 years old with nary a hiccup, and has supported 550-800 hp depending on the turbo/injector combination (10 different ones) over the years.

I agree, much better solid reliable system. Or parallel GSL pumps on a boost switch. Those Walbro pumps can take some abuse. If you run parallel pumps, if one craps out you have the other.

Is that a flow-through pump if it fails? Is the A1000?

Is that a flow-through pump if it fails? Is the A1000?

I don’t know, but my gut says no.

I can tell you this. When I originally built the one on my Excursion I soldered the wires and embrittled one. It broke an hour and a half from home. I had to use a sniff of ether to start it, and then keep the rpm around a 1,000 to keep it running. It was weak because of low pressure, but I did make it home. Fixed the wire and it’s still going strong.

For those who have currently or in the past ran an Airdog or Fass..... did you keep the factory filter/canister in line pre CP3?

Im asking my last question as Airdog is sending me a new pump and the guy said my factory canister was a restriction to the flow to the engine and that it burned up the motor most likely.... and that he had never heard of people running through the factory filter to the cp3........ I got off the phone highly confused. I feel my harness has a glitch and the guy said that has happened, but very rare.

Ive had a handfull of trucks come in my place with fass/airdog harness issues near the pump.

Running 2 old fass 150's in my 03. They must be from 2005-06. Theyve been doing well but not a daily.

Factory canister on my 3rd gen is gone. Still have burned up a handful of pumps. My 12v used to burn them up quite a bit but believe that's because it was set at 60psi whereas the 3rd gen only runs 15psi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Im asking my last question as Airdog is sending me a new pump and the guy said my factory canister was a restriction to the flow to the engine and that it burned up the motor most likely.... and that he had never heard of people running through the factory filter to the cp3........ I got off the phone highly confused. I feel my harness has a glitch and the guy said that has happened, but very rare.

Do their smaller kits not come with the intentions of running the factory canister? I swear the 100 I put on my 02 was intended to use the factory pickup.

I am not sure how airdog and fass pulled it off. Their reliability is the worst out of anything else in the automotive world. They are usually kind and willing to do something but it gets old replacing new pumps straight out of the box.

Knock on wood, but I have very very very few issues with any of the Fass kits we send out the door. My 3rd gen bypasses the factory fuel filter and is fed from a sump. I've only had to replace a relay, not a fass issue.

The new signature series Fass pumps are very nice, even at high pressure (60 plus on new 6.7 fords) they're virtually silent. The first duramax we put one on, I had the touch the filters to make sure it was running, and even then the vibration was very faint.

Back