line pressure adjusting screw clockwise or ccw?

maddmudder13

pulled the pan off my 47rh, single disk converter, apply lever and strut, no shift kit that i know of. i adjusted to line pressure screw clockwise i thought it would bottom out but instead the head of the screw fell out the metal cage that it rests inside. now the screw is floppy inside it. did i go the wrong way or too far?

CCW, you should be able to see the spring retainer plate compress the spring

Yup, counter, and it threads the plate down, just like a nut, and compresses that spring.

So I don't start a new thread, what's the other adjustment right next to it? Base/idle pressure?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

thanks, got it adjusted, dont hesitate going into 3rd like it used to.

and yes that other screw adjusts the pressure when the lever is forward, or no throttle. if you screwed it all the way in it would act like its at 50-
75 percent throttle pressure minumum.

thanks, got it adjusted, dont hesitate going into 3rd like it used to.

and yes that other screw adjusts the pressure when the lever is forward, or no throttle. if you screwed it all the way in it would act like its at 50-
75 percent throttle pressure minumum.

Thanks, how much does a turn adjust it? I need to turn it up a bit, doesn't always want to downshift from 2nd to 1st at red lights without a blip of the throttle.

i dont know about that, mine is a race truck so i wired it to full pressure, but sounds more like it needs the tv cable adjusted maybe before you adjust that screw, mine dont down shift like it should when i let off the thorttle it just coasts to a stop sign with engine at idle.

i dont know about that, mine is a race truck so i wired it to full pressure, but sounds more like it needs the tv cable adjusted maybe before you adjust that screw, mine dont down shift like it should when i let off the thorttle it just coasts to a stop sign with engine at idle.

I'm talking about with a manual VB. When I shift from 2nd to 1st (like at a light), I have to sometimes blip the throttle. Nothing serious, but the more things I keep working right on the truck, the happier I am LOL.

Back