lly wont start after head gaskets replaced

so I pulled the return line off my cp3 to see how much fuel was returning I cranked it over and filled up half the bottle so I believe that's why it will not start . bad cp3?

Like the other guys have said it takes them a long time to get prime back and going. I cracked a line on each bank and cranked till I had fuel, just to make sure I had all the air out.

You should be REAL ******* careful doing that with any kind of common rail system. The amount of pressure they produce can be dangerous. Its also messy and in my experience unnecessary.

so I pulled the return line off my cp3 to see how much fuel was returning I cranked it over and filled up half the bottle so I believe that's why it will not start . bad cp3?

Seems odd that the truck ran before you tore it down, now it needs a CP3. I'll look at bottle test procedure in the book. I never remember the details. I think if its over xxML suspect the CP3, If its under xxML suspect injectors.

Honestly though, if the truck ran before you tore t down, I would suspect something other than the CP3. You really need a scan tool to see what you have for rail pressure while cranking.

You should be REAL ******* careful doing that with any kind of common rail system. The amount of pressure they produce can be dangerous. Its also messy and in my experience unnecessary.

Was a one man project so I didn't have my face in there. Have only had a couple that required that. But no longer have to worry about duramax :hehe:

Back