Lml water methenol

white 06

Got twins 10mm cp3 stroker pump will stock head bolts hold the heads down

Last edited:
What kind of twins set up? On the 04.5 and newer the head bolts are pretty good, but they will not last forever under lots of beating.

Got twins 10mm cp3 stroker pump will stock head bolts hold the heads down

Not really a good idea. $550 for studs and some time to install is pretty cheap insurance IMO. You can lift a head on stock fuel/air, so why chance it?

BTW, headbolts for all years Dmax are the same last time I checked.

Not really a good idea. $550 for studs and some time to install is pretty cheap insurance IMO. You can lift a head on stock fuel/air, so why chance it?

BTW, headbolts for all years Dmax are the same last time I checked.
The 2001 and some of the 2002 had weaker bolts and would blow easy. They are all the same bolt, just quality had gone up, so the newer ones are stronger.

I am not saying it's not a good idea, if it was me personally would put them as well as a set of valve springs. Most people don't want to pull the heads unless they have to, but you can do it with the factory heads gaskets and just put them in one at a time.

hey mike , it will not last! this is john james! the truck would run a lot better with a big single, but hey what do I know!

hey mike , it will not last! this is john james! the truck would run a lot better with a big single, but hey what do I know!
Hey I know your right on the single I'm just trying to save the bottom half with the twins.only wanted the water kit a few runs before the head stud install.Apparently you know something.don't know anyone else that picks up over a full tenth on the third passsssss.Tell the kids I said hello lol.Give Ashton a call he just closed on a new house with a nice shop.hey and a pool.

Last edited:
Back