LMM roadtrip stats

973604x4

aka landphil
Left College Station, TX Saturday morning for Ft. Morgan, AL. I let all numbers calculate themselves over the whole trip. This includes driving to Ft. Morgan, driving into Gulf Shores (45+ miles round trip, some of which stop and go) three times. btw, very impressed with Gulf Shores and the Ft. Morgan area beaches. we rented a beach house 2 miles east of the actual Ft. Morgan and had a blast. (I'm in college.....its spring break :Cheer:) cruising at roughly an avg of 73mph on the way there, and 78mph on the way back. Got into some traffic in Houston today on the way back....and ofcourse idle times at gas stations.

1417.2 miles
79.2 gallons burned
18.2mpg according to the DIC

hand calculated comes to 17.89mpg on avg for ENTIRE trip

very satisfied! especially considering my truck is TOTALLY stock with the exception of bumpers front and rear, window tint, and the torsions cranked. haven't touched anything else. had 1 oil change. also notice the speed. wasn't exactly obeying the 2k rpm rule.

after returning from my trip, the dmax now has 9,714 miles on the clock. I bought diesel at a couple truck stops but also got diesel from small, local stations too.

my dodge got about the same mileage as this, but sure as hell didn't have a DPF on it! not to mention i cruise in the luxurious chevy interior with on-star navigation...although it couldn't find the beach house address :hehe:

Last edited:
Looks like you FINALLY got a good one..... don't pruck it up.

08 Dodge 3500 4x4 Mega with 6 tires @ 8k miles is getting 'about' 14 in the same conditions.

Looks like you FINALLY got a good one..... don't pruck it up.

08 Dodge 3500 4x4 Mega with 6 tires @ 8k miles is getting 'about' 14 in the same conditions.

ive got 500 miles or more ahead of me before the weekend is over too. I'll be glad to rub it in your face again Richard! should have bought a maxipad! LOL

hey I bought two Duramaxes! .......just don't have them anymore. Then again, I bought three Dodges and STILL have not learned my lesson. Go figure? :bang :hehe:

652.9 miles
16.7mpg according to DIC
39 gallons
12:31 time....

16.74 hand calculated (good job DIC!)

52.23 avg mph through the Hill Country....yea, i was haulin.

considering the roads and conditions, still very satisfied. I didn't go anywhere on this trip where I could use the cruise for more than 2 miles.

left from College Station Friday...went to Hamilton, then Stephenville, then back to Hamilton....Today, went to Kerrville, then to Buda, then back to College Station. 652.9 miles round trip.

def happy with the LMM....On Star navigation was spot-on today too. currently 10,378 miles on the truck in 4 months!

Last edited:
Back