looking at a powerstroke and need help

Finkfarms

I am new to this so dont be hard on me. I am looking at buying my first diesel soon. I am looking into a 02 F350 crew cab with the single rear wheels. Truck has the automatic transmission and motor and trans have 170,xxx miles. I am very mechanical and try to do all my own maitanice ans repairs when i can. I am wondering what i should look for and should ask about when going to look at this truck. The suspension has all been replace in the last year and the brakes in the last month. The truck is just used now to drive the guy back and forth to work. thanks for the help

My first question would be why did he have to replace all the suspension.Other than that check for your normal stuff like oil leaks,water pump/coolant leaks etc. with it running remove the oil fill cap to see if it has blow-by. Just check it over real good. get and oil sample if you have time to get it tested. It will tell you alot. Good luck!!

I'd trust a daily driver with high miles before, the low mile little old lady drove it to church, one, any day. Use common sense and check it as any other used car. Something doesn't feel right walk! Will tell you 7.3's are some good motors I only have 3.

How much? Where i live F350(4x4) owners smoke crack when they are selling their high mileage trucks, and i think that 02 single rear wheel f350 only has the dana 50 front? I may be wrong? Dont forget about the junk unit wheel bearings, that is if this is even a 4x4 truck your looking at?

The truck is under $12000 and has had all problem areas fixed. Doesent leak oil the guy said

Back