Looking for Better Spool up

cam is the most expensive- after market 2nd gen manifold - and some larger nozzles will help

of course alittle grinder work cant hurt

Not always... my cam was less expensive than my injectors. Just depends on how good of a deal you can work with a vendor.

cam is the most expensive- after market 2nd gen manifold - and some larger nozzles will help

of course alittle grinder work cant hurt

Yeah the cam is definitely the most expensive and most labor intensive of all the suggestions I've recieved. I may hold out on that until I try a couple of the other things first

^^^^ won't work, been there done that. Too fast. you need something like this..

Amazon.com: Makita GD0810C 1/4-Inch Variable-Speed Die Grinder: Home Improvement

a little pricey and bulky but the lower speed is what you need when using carbide burs and catridge rolls.
a pnuematic die grider works good but uses alot of air so find a large air compressor or be very patient. JMHO.

i didnt use carbide burs, i just used a stone(all i had at the time). your right its too high rpm with the carbide bur, its slightly out of balance.

i had a pnuematic die but it was slow even with the carbide bur. and yes we do have a big air compressor

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures, i didnt get a picture of the 2nd flange port finished... and some how the finished picture of the hx35 got lost somewhere :poke:

14731_1281057114753_1479824364_767487_2017598_n.jpg
unfinished flange

14731_1281058474787_1479824364_7674.jpg
before

14731_1281057674767_1479824364_7674.jpg
after

14731_1281059674817_1479824364_7674.jpg
stock hx35

Needs

In addition to everything in my sig, what do you guys think would be the best bang for the buck to help with the spool up of my silver bullet? Bigger injectors? exhaust manifold? Cam?

I was thinking of increasing my injectors because it would definitely be the cheapest route....however being that I use the truck as a daily driver I don't want the EGT's to get out of hand.

Any help would be appreciated.

MP8 stacked w/ your Smarty. Go to 60% tips.

MP8 stacked w/ your Smarty. Go to 60% tips.

I was thinking 60% too. I paid $48 a tip the first time for my 45%. It cost $55 per tip for 60%. That's only a $7 difference, and the last time I talked to Jim he said that he would only charge me the difference:rockwoot:

A good quality intake horn may help as well...

ebay is where its at :woohoo:

none of this 400 dollar cast stuff

I think if I were going to go with an intake horn I would go with the GDP one because they're the only one that I've seen that will allow easy mounting of a 2mic fuel filter setup.

I was thinking 60% too. I paid $48 a tip the first time for my 45%. It cost $55 per tip for 60%. That's only a $7 difference, and the last time I talked to Jim he said that he would only charge me the difference:rockwoot:

Yup Jim is a good guy

I think if I were going to go with an intake horn I would go with the GDP one because they're the only one that I've seen that will allow easy mounting of a 2mic fuel filter setup.

Look into a 2nd -gen stock manifold- real cheap(100) an much better flow then the 3rd gen

Look into a 2nd -gen stock manifold- real cheap(100) an much better flow then the 3rd gen

I've been doing a lot of reading on these and they seem to be a worth while mod. From the sounds of it all I would need is a 2nd gen downpipe (I think it will bolt right up??), longer oil drail line, and a little cutting of the intercooler pipe. Does that sound right? I know there are lots of writeups on this subject but they all seem to involve the use of a 2nd gen turbo

Whats the "best bang for the buck" you asked? nitrous! It is by far the cheapest way to spool the 66.In 2Hrs of work ,it will spool instantly!!:nos:

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures, i didnt get a picture of the 2nd flange port finished... and some how the finished picture of the hx35 got lost somewhere :poke:

View attachment 21567
unfinished flange

View attachment 21568
before

View attachment 21569
after

View attachment 21570
stock hx35

I'm curious, how are the stock manifolds holding up after porting? When I reinstalled my stock manifold with my s362 from ED just doesn't seem like there's alot of material to remove safely at the t3 outlet?

I've been doing a lot of reading on these and they seem to be a worth while mod. From the sounds of it all I would need is a 2nd gen downpipe (I think it will bolt right up??), longer oil drail line, and a little cutting of the intercooler pipe. Does that sound right? I know there are lots of writeups on this subject but they all seem to involve the use of a 2nd gen turbo

I was talking about using a stock 2nd gen - AIR INTAKE HORN..... a very cheap bolt on upgrade-- that flows better then a stock 3rd gen intake air horn.

Just port the stock 3rd gen EXHAUST MANIFOLD.

I was talking about using a stock 2nd gen - AIR INTAKE HORN..... a very cheap bolt on upgrade-- that flows better then a stock 3rd gen intake air horn.

Just port the stock 3rd gen EXHAUST MANIFOLD.

Oh I see:doh:

i ported a hole in one stock manifold, that's why i recommend ATS they're cast alot heavier and easier to port.

I'm curious, how are the stock manifolds holding up after porting? When I reinstalled my stock manifold with my s362 from ED just doesn't seem like there's alot of material to remove safely at the t3 outlet?

my truck hasent been running long enough to know :bang

but when it was running the spool was incredible in 4th gear, i was accelerating slow because it was still warming up. and man that turbo was pushin 30psi at almost 1/4 throttle i was really suprised.

now the test is kinda ruined casue i bought an airdog. stock vs. ported would have been a nice improvement but adding the airdog will make it an unfare comparison.

Back