low boost codes with httsp66

6006spd

ok ive run this t bo for a while with no issues started to get low boost codes,bought the resister from htt worked for a bit but now throwing codes again,any ideas? my tstr49ap does fooling right? also at what psi under a hard pull on the rail gauge do you classify running rail dry?,i run the tst on rail press 1 timming in auto up to 12 deg twin 03 programe set at 3 on torque as well any ideas?:badidea:

i doubt it is stanless,as for the rail pressure i run around16k on the hwy cruisin is my pump toast?

16k cruising seems alright, it really depends on throttle and boost...

my '06 sees almost 20k cruising. I was talking about at full boogie

ill try it tommorow,what do you all fig about the low boost code? think im gonna ditch this t bo for a 64 65 13? and stack tst with smarty i wanna get this truck in the 550 hp range then done,wanna start to build my 2wd 95 cummins into the race truck,lol

i have the same problem with a silver bullet and i have the boost fooler from II and a quadzilla. It doesn't happen that often so i just deal with it, I have asked on here before what the cause was and never got an answer

yea anthony at htt stumped,says some boxes may cause it but says the tst i have is not one of them,i have a code reader eraser but still a pain sometimes takes 2 or 3 trys to get rid of the code,thing is junk when in limp mode 7psi boost max with a 66 tbo not good thing,lol

Back your timing down a bit. Too much timing slowes spooling. Also big turbos like big injectors.
Billy

what do you suggest i set timing at? runing it at 12 deg in auto position with rail preassure set at 1,i find with less timing it seems deader

do you think i could run the rail preassure a little higher ,try 2 maybe?

To start with if you're not running aftermarket injectors you need to with a 66 turbo. The stock injectors just won't kick it off. I used to run a tst box and got all kinds of codes including low boost. I took it off and now just run Smarty and a pressure box. I run the Smarty on after market injector timing and #2 mild rail pressure. I turn the pressure on for racing. Haven't had any codes in years.
Billy

ye afig i need inj,was wanting 90s but cause i do tow i think 50s or a 75 would work,i can light the 66 no prob cause im stick,at cruising speeds i am almost at 2000 rpm thats on the edge where it lights the 373 gears and the g56 rev fairly high,there isnt much lag,really,and i have lots of fuel to boost it,i have it gated at 50 psi and aint got no trouble at all getting there,just find that you have to drive that turbo when pulling with it to keep egts in tack with mild fuel peddle on a hill,you need to get it lit to keep cool,kinda hard to do some times

I tow with 90hp injectors and don't see any differance over the stock ones. Towing with a 66 turbo you have to keep the rpms up on long hills to keep the egts down. I try to stay at 60 mph. The 66/71/13 I'm now running seems to cool better while towing than the 66/65/14. It doesn't have the surge either. One thing to remember larger injectors won't do you much good with out up grading your cp3. There are a couple of things that help a small but noticable bit for spoolup. A after market intake manifold like the ATS Arcflow and a aftermarket intercooler.
Billy

Yeah I'm getting the same thing too and the truck goes into limp mode...any thoughts. I just pull over clear the code and back to normal.

Get a down loader to stop this. I have a Garrett and at altitude i get it. added a Dialblo and no more low boost code. Tried a PPE and about 450 miles it to a 540 mile trip went into LIMP Mode It suc!s

Back