Low HP and dont know why?????

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
So i dyned the truck again and it felt awesome but just lacked the HP. With all the Mods i have done to the truck ( well over 10K in the motor) I was getting out done wih stock turbo 12v trucks. I was only able to put down 387 HP and 887 tq. That was running 55 psi.

i would think with 20* timing, 71mm turbo, and a high flowing P-pump i would at least be over the 500 mark.

Any one have any clue why Im not laying down better numbers?

injs i bet, if there 370's out of a 12v i bet thats the issue

Sucks when you've got a bunch of money sunk into an engine and then it sucks on the dyno.

if i can get my camera to work Ill get a pic posted. peak power was at 2500 RPM. Turbo lit pretty good, and we could smell the clutch slipping, but there wasnt much of a spike down to tell if that was the case. but i doubt it would cause me to lose too much HP.

Spray pattern is off and doesnt shoot into the fuel bowl. But I dont know how bad that would limit my numbers. Its realy a mistery to me. I have gone over everything and cant figure out what is going on. most guys with a set up like mine are in the 600 range. Hate to say it but Im kinda getting sick of not being able to make pawer with this truck. Heck I can buy a stock CR and thow a box on it and make more power.

You've got the exact same problem I do. I've done everything. Swapped every sensor, injection pump (bout to swap in another one), injectors, turbo, fuel system, ecm, compression test, etc. Still can't figure it out. I know we got two different motors but maybe we can find somethign similar and help each other.

Im gonna bump the timing up to 24* and see if that wakes it up, then comes a DD clutch and injectors. If none of that does it, I be looking for a CR!

I got the fuel (lazer cuts, .120 Fuel lines, Fass, got the boost (71mm Running 55 psi), got the timing ( 20*) for well over 500 but its just not cutting it.

the .120 line came on the truck. Dont realy feel like spemding the money to go to .093 lines.

they arent going to make you gain anything on the dyno jim fulmer noted that adding .120 lost hp everytime

Back