Lowered 4x4 tire sizes..

mitchdog7

Newb
Can anyone give me some info on what tire sizes will fit a slightly lowered 4x4? I took a coil off the bottom of my front springs, and i'm wondering if a 305/50r20 will fit without rubbing? I've checked all the lowered 4x4 threads, and can't find any specifics about tire sizes/rim sizes.
Thanks for any help.

ive cut half a coil out of the front so far, and i run 305/50/20s with no problem. Plan to cut another half to 2/3ths of a coil out when i have time

truck4.jpg

truck3.jpg

I have one full coil cut out of the front and I run 305/50/20 420s on monster 20x10's.

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. Great looking trucks btw! Eventually i'll paint mine so it'll look good. Cursed' crappy dodge paint falling off...
Mathews - Thats the exact tire i was looking at getting. Are the rims 10 or 9 wides? And, what is the offset or backspacing? if you know.
RickFox, i was actually trying to pm you about your setup, then realized i needed 10 posts to do that, so i made this thread.. What offset/backspacing are your rims?
Thanks,
-Mitch.

Bunch of sally's, I put gasser springs in and cut over a coil out.

Im not too worried about rubbing since its more competition oriented but I am going to throw some 295/75/16's on mine when it doesnt have the drag radials on it. Might go up to a 305 to fill out the wheel well a bit more to make it look even lower. Not sure yet.

you apparently didn't check out my threads. I'm riding on the bump stop and still fitting 305/50/20.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You have the purple truck, that used to be lifted on 37's then dropped it a bunch right? Love your truck, i must have missed the info while drooling over the pictures, my bad. :drool1:

Also, to boost my post count... Do you know what rim offset/backspacing your running madmike?

You have the purple truck, that used to be lifted on 37's then dropped it a bunch right? Love your truck, i must have missed the info while drooling over the pictures, my bad. :drool1:

Lol i can't remember where it was posted, but it was somewhere in the 2 threads.

Also, to boost my post count... Do you know what rim offset/backspacing your running madmike?

I can't remember, but its a"vtec" wheel, 9 or 10 wide, stick out about 1".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cut one coil out, ran 33/12.50/16 with no issues. Actually had less issue than the same tire at stock height.

Lowered about four inches in back, probably two in front. Im realy close to the bump stops in front. Wheels are 18x9 moto metal 285 65 falkens.

lowered.jpg

Yeah, all i did was remove the 4.75"ish block and put in a 2.5" for now. Gonna get a 1" soon then lower the front about another half coil.
I've read that 3" is about all you can lower in the front before extensive modifications need to be done? Is that correct? i.e shorter control arms, bump stops removed/smaller ones used.

i want to lower mine to if i cut one coil out of the front and take the 4in block out will it be level or would i have to put a 2in in the rear to make the truck level?

I know this is kinda a late reply, but for my truck, 94 RCLB, cutting a coil off the bottom on the front springs and putting in roughly a 2" block made the truck pretty close to level. Possibly could drop the rear to about a 1" block to be perfect, but i'm not sure as the trucks been in the tranny shop for the last week and a half..
One more question for any of yall who have gone with more than 1 1/2 coils cut, what did you do with the stock bump stop? I have like 1.5" or so of space after takin 1 coil out, but want to go lower. I've heard of people removing the bumpstop completely, but would i add a different one in it's place? if so, what/where could i find one?

Back